Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Mark Bridge

We left not even 10 minutes after everyone else did, and there was no sight of them.

There's a sinking feeling in my stomach, but it's not because of their disappearance.

This isnt well, good.

"Is there a map in here?" I ask my best friend who's too entertained with fiddling with his hair. Parker looks up at me and shrugs, then we looked at each other, eyes bulging open, then shoot up, looking for a map or something to tell us where to go.

"Did you get the walkie?" Parker questions. I stop what I'm doing. Of course!

"Parker you're a genius!" I shriek. Leaning over and hugging him in excitement.

He smiles at me. "I know," he says matter-of-factly. "But let's save those physical things for later," he winks. I roll my eyes playfully, and grab the walkie talkie from the back seat.

"We have no visual of you, let me know where we meet in Alexandria, and stay there until we arrive," I speak.

"Alexandria Hospital," I hear Jada say.

"Copy."

Here we go again on our own. I turned on some music, with a Panic! At The Disco CD i had found in the glove box. Whosever car this is, has great taste in music.

"You really listen to this?" Parker scrunches his nose.

"You should know me by now," I frown. Does he not pay attention? After all, I've blared their music a good thousand times while we hangout at my house. He's listened to them well enough to know every single song.

"I do," he tells me. I just nod. Of course he does, he's been in my life your years.

I took directions from Parker, and thankfully see the sign that said Alexandria was the next exit. I sigh in relief. "We're going to make it. We made it. My first time officially driving a long distance, and we made it!" I squeal happily. Parker smirks, and continues looking out the window. "I we weren't going to die soon, then I'd say we'd deserve a celebration."

"That, we do, Alex. That we do." He grins mischievously, but I ignore his wiggling of his eyebrows for someone who has interest.

We finally reach town, and so much memories come flooding into my head, that I randomly-automatically-start chuckling. Parker says, "whats so funny?"

My reply is simple. "So much memories here, it's crazy," I answer. A comfortable silence comes, and we arrive at the hospital, but see nobody from our group here. I hope that they're okay. They can't already be dead within the first couple hours of being discharged, even though I'm not lying when I say that I wouldn't be surprised.

I get out slowly, with a pellet gun to my side, loaded, and two butcher knives, while Parker holds another pellet gun, and a knife. I brace myself to the doors quietly. I never really knew this hospital by heart, so that made me even more cautious. I see a person move, and I walk towards it. Bad idea, I think to myself, but I have a plan if they were dead. I tap their shoulder, and back up quickly, out of their reach. They turn around slowly. Their face is red, eyes bloodshot, and bloody clothes fill my view, as blood drips out of its mouth. Parker and I gag, this is disgusting. I hold the knife, high to my side, and speak, "are you prepared, or am I doing it?" I ask.

I've never seen any walkers since we left the campus. I'm not one all too fond of vomit, and yet I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing a lot of it.

My hands begin shaking at the thought of shooting someone. I know they're dead, but they still look human, and that just makes me feel like getting sick. God, do I have a long journey ahead of me.