Epilogue

Edit: September 24th, 2017.

It's hard to imagine your own fate unless you plan it. But even if you did that, and planned every moment, it may not even rule out in your favour.

They say that you see a bright light when you're dying. They say that you also think about life itself and apparently that you think of how great or awful your past was and what you would do differently to change the moment you're currently in so you don't end up in this situation again-if you survived, of course. Maybe you wouldn't have punched that kid in the face for breaking your best friends heart or you should've stopped helping out at home or someplace else if you knew it would result you in this very moment. No matter the case, you think about everything, and supposedly, you try to fix everything while you can before you run out of time and you're swallowed by the darkness of the afterlife. But I think that's a little dramatic.

I feel like I'm sleeping, but I know I'm sleeping. Like, I'm lucid dreaming, but I can't bring myself to wake up no matter how hard I try and make the effort to. I know what I'm doing, and I know what happened.

I'm sleeping because I was bitten in the neck by my walker-formed best friend, and I'm probably bleeding out because she took a huge chunk out of the right side of my face. I feel. . . nothing.

Not now. I was shocked and scared when she attacked me, but it didn't hurt as much as expected. Maybe because I kind of new it was coming? I don't know. Everything is just so confusing, and I'm scaring myself. No pain, no emotion, I just feel carefree and loose. Like I'm on top of the world, like I have no worries and everything is just not to be cared about anymore. I feel. . . empty. In this exact moment, I see darkness. A tunnel with no torches or an end, or a room with no windows or electricity, and you can't even see your hand right in front of your face. I can hear everyone faintly, like they're miles and miles away but I can still hear them screaming my name loud and clear.

I want it to stop, I want to leave and get it all done and over with, but I'm still present. I can tell that I'm still laying on the cold floor that is this bright yet dimmed infirmary. I can still smell the antibacterial sprays and the latex of the gloves the medics wear.

The room is loud, however Parker's is the most attention-drawing; him calling me telling me to hang on and that everything will be alright, that they already injected me with the antivirus and now they're just waiting on if whether or not it has an effect on my body.

It should work though, right? I mean, if I'm immune to the scratches then that makes no reason for me not to be immune to a bite. Maybe more of it needs to be used because it's a bigger infection to deal with, I don't know.

The antivirus. Oh no, the antivirus! It needs to be delivered to the scientists here so they can create everything needed to help save the world. God dammit, I had one thing, ONE THING to do, which was ordered by Rebecca to get that envelope to these doctors, and I couldn't even follow my words. Rebecca would be ashamed of me.

But she'd cut me some slack, right? Given the circumstances, she'd obviously understand why I couldn't. She'd also tell me off, saying that I shouldn't be near an infected person because what was held in that package was the cure for the world, only I was told to get it here safely, and me being near a walker would only jeopardize what remains of the human race. Well, Rebecca, I will always be near a walker, and luckily, you laminated that package.

Now I'm just rambling. I'm scared, and now that I think about the darkness more, I can feel a draft. A cool draft, meaning that wherever I am, if I'm even anywhere, has a really good air conditioner, or there's an exit near me some place but I just need to figure out where that exactly is. Parker's voice is trembling, and even though technically I'm blind, I can sense he's fighting the urge to cry because, and I quote, 'I am a man, and I don't cry like a baby over anything.' Well Parker, I may not see it, but I just proven you wrong once again.