Chapter 27

A/N: It's been so long. I know. I had to concentrate on my college for the past months and I could not write even if I wanted to. So, to make it up, I am giving a double update today. Yes. You can read another chapter next. Don't miss it out!

There could be a few typing errors in this chapter, for my laptop was having a bit of problems. If I had missed anything, let me know. 

**********

When Lawan and Wirat rushed to the hospital, I moved to the room where Zeke was staying. Everything we did... everything Zeke did was wasted. In the end, Allen landed in Dave's hands.

Erica was sitting next to him, holding his free hand with hers as she looked at his face lifelessly. She suddenly closed her eyes tight and a tiny tear trickled down her cheek. She quickly wiped it and bit her lower lip.

I really had no words to say to her. How could I comfort her? What could I say?

His records were hanging by his bedside, and the monitor showed his steady heart rate. I pushed myself in.

After finding that Harper had come herself and took Allen, we had to plan carefully. After all, this was the thing we feared, and it had happened.

I sat on the chair next to Erica. "Hey."

Her red eyes pinned me before she looked at Zeke again. I had never seen Erica like this before.

"Hey," she croaked out.

"H-how is he?" I asked.

Erica sniffled. "Another doctor came by this morning and said that he is healing at an unprecedented rate. We just went for his MRI brain this morning. Hopefully, the results would say that he can wake up."

"He will," I said. "He will survive."

"He has to," Erica whispered. "He has to."

I stared at the male before me. His ear-piercings were missing and his hair had faded evidence of the blue dye he had. Brown roots were growing back. Though his face was pale, his heart was beating steadily and his breath was evened out.

If this bastard left me alone, I would not know what I would do. There were some people in my life whose loss I could never take.

"Is he your mate?" I asked.

"Might as well be," she said. "I don't know for sure, but if it is Zeke, I will spend the rest of my life with him."

A smile touched my lips. "Zeke..." I shook my head. "He is a pain in the back."

Erica shrugged. "That's my problem. What brings you here?"

"Came to see Zeke," I said. "Before I leave."

She finally turned to see me. "Leave? Where?"

I steeled myself. "Dave got Allen. I am going to Summer Coven to get him out."

At my words, Erica laughed mirthlessly. "The irony."

I stayed silent.

"Zeke nearly died and Allen could still not be protected?" Erica sneered.

"Harper came herself," I said.

"That bitch," Erica muttered. "Is there nothing that can be done?"

I licked my lips. "I have to go and get him out myself. If.... when Zeke wakes up, give me a message. I want to see him."

Erica gave me a long look. "How are you?"

I shook my head. "Don't ask. I am trying my best to not lose it."