Chapter 20.1

A/N: Thank you so much for waiting. I won't say that my tests and quizzes are over, but I will try to update fast. 

Enjoy!

***************

The kid had purple eyes. Like it announced he was not a part of this world. It seemed to be the purple that she saw in the sky at night rather than any earthly shade.

Though she did know that conception was rare in her kind, after seeing this baby, she could not help but think of one. Having her own bundle of joy.

The female who held the baby looked at her as if she knew something Lawan did not know. "Want to hold him?"

She was tongue-tied. How could Leigh trust her? For nearly thirty-nine years she had been hating her. Finding faults in her work, despite it being flawless.

There must be at least one pinch of hatred in that female towards her. Lawan knew how she had behaved with her. If anything, Leigh should have kicked Wirat and her out of the coven the second she received the news that she was going to come here. But that female had put in some good words about her.

The way the big eyes looked at her with interest, she could not help but extend her arm.

The baby giggled as he moved to her embrace willingly. "Pwetty."

Lawan smiled at him. "You are pretty."

Wirat took a step forward and Gaelan narrowed his eyes. But the other male did not say anything. He just silently observed her mate.

Wirat came and held the baby's fingers. The kid gave him an innocent giggle which put a smile on both their lips.

"What's his name?" Wirat asked.

"Tristan," Leigh said with a smile.

Lawan smiled and she played with the boy for a while. While Leigh went up to pack her things, Gaelan was still hovering over awkwardly. It was that parenteral instinct to be there. Though the mother trusted them, the father did not. Rather, he was just being protective.

Ignoring him, she played with the boy who was all too enthusiastic. His scent was strong enough to fool everyone that he was a vampire, but she could feel that aura of chaos in him. The same feeling she received whenever she met Gaelan.

Currently, they were in Leigh's house. The house that had the perfect sunrises and the moonglow. It was like a picture from a fantasy.

Someone knocked on the main door and Gealan still refused to move. Finally, Leigh had to come down.

She gave the male a nasty glare before she opened the door. Kyril and Calix came in.

"Ready to leave?" Calix asked, twirling the car keys.

Leigh nodded. "Just a minute. I have to let the luggage from my room."

"Luggage?" Kyril asked as he came in further and made funny faces at Tristan who happily giggled. "We are not going on a vacation."

Leigh glared at him. "I have a baby, Kyril. I have to make the necessary arrangements."

Kyril waved his hand. "Whatever."

Leigh huffed as she went up. "Let's see what you do when you have a baby!"

Lawan did not know what to think of the female vampire before her. For a moment, she thought what it would be like if she had not hated her. What it would be like if she had not pretended to be with Dave. Leigh would have easily been a friend.