Chapter 17.3

A/N: What do you feel about this character as of now?

Let me know your thoughts below!

Next update in next 24-48 hours.

**************

They were not exactly friends, but they trusted each other in a weird way. After that one fateful day of her telling what happened at Tahareh, Mali helped her. As expected, Mali had access to emails and some documents a normal person could not have.

His fingers teased her hair as his lips skimmed her skin on her neck. "You got him where you wanted him to be. Why are you not doing anything?"

She moaned. Something she found herself doing whenever he touched her. And this morning was nothing new. He knew how to have her where he wanted. Though their initial bargain had been for once, they found themselves unable to go back after a taste. And Gaelan was a delicious distraction she welcomed.

"N-no," she shuttered, enjoying his teasing hand over her. "He has connections. If he dies, someone else will take the position. I want to end this entire thing."

Gaelan snorted. "Do you have any idea how I wished I could kill him and end this for you?"

She chuckled. "You have told me that so many times that I have lost a count of it."

"Good," he muttered. "Yet you want to do this on your own."

She nodded. "Unless his blood is on my hands, I can never sleep peacefully."

He fake gasped as he sucked her ear. "Not even with me?"

She rolled her eyes. "You know what I mean."

He kissed her hard. "I do."

The lazy early morning sun did no justice to the male next to her. West Coven was a destination for a lot of couples. It was a place mated couples came at least once in their life. One could say it was like the capital of love.

But being in that said capital, on the bed with a male who took care of her so much brought feelings she did not want. Did not know how to handle. She had first stupidly believed Dave and it left her in a mess. Left her as a person someone she barely recognised as herself. Next was a mate she was happy to start her life with. Someone who was unjustly ripped from her.

This male, she knew nothing could touch him. He had proven how strong he was over and over and it did nothing to hold back the desire she had for him. At first, she was sure it was just sex. With no feelings involved. But at times like this, moments when he looked at her like she was the only thing in his world, it stopped her breath.

This was something she wanted to be clear off. No feelings. She could not handle her heart being torn apart. Ever again, but this male was making it his mission to bare her soul naked to him.

"So?" he gently urged. "What now?"

She sighed and allowed her fingers to play with his soft hair. For a moment, she could pretend he was her lover.

"Harriet is coming to Laukris," Leigh said. "After meeting her couple of times, she did agree to give information, but I feel that something is off."

Gaelan hummed. "There is something off about her."

Leigh took in a deep breath. "But she is the only one who braved to give more info from inside."

He hummed again. "When are you going to pick her up?"

"Later this evening," Leigh murmured.

His hands worked her skin. "I have until evening then?"

She chuckled, running a finger down his abdomen. "Are you never sated?"