Chapter 24

A/N: Let me know what you think of this chapter! I rewrote it about three times. I will try my best to update in the next seven days.

Enjoy!

********

The first person I connected was not Taurus. It was Lyra. As much as my heart wanted me to connect to Taurus, Lyra was family. I extended my mind and searched for her presence. Her energy was very close to Aries.

Did I interrupt something?

But when I reached her, she was surprised. Your seal is lifted?

Just now, I answered. Are you free?

There was a light chuckle. Yes. I was playing cards with Aries and Sam. We'll be down there in a few.

The guy next to me was excited. "L-Lyra's is coming?

"Yes," I smiled. "When Lyra wanted to adopt you, why did you not mark it?"

Gaelan shrugged. "I had just lost my mother and I was still grieving."

I nodded but did not make a comment. I was there when his mother died. She had been a forger of Aether. Just like a Navigator, it was a rare trait. Unlike many believed, she did not die because of Cosmos or the poison. But because she had expanded her energy too much in forging a weapon that by the time it was completed, she had scattered.

"I feel that Tristan is very strong," I said, breaking the silence. "That will attract a lot of troubles."

Gaelan nodded. "I know. I was surprised that he has all of my three energy lines. I have to thank Cosmos that my daughter does not possess all the three."

He had a daughter? When?

"Daughter?"

He nodded his head sheepishly. "I once had a one-night-stand with a werewolf and I have a daughter."

"What lines does she possess?"

"She is pulsar and a Yarin."

"Yarin?" I yelped. "Do you have any idea-"

"And a forger," he said in a tiny voice.

I stared at him. That was all I could do. His daughter was a weapon that could turn against us. A Yarin and a forger. What a dangerous combination. The weapons they made did not just harm the body, but the very soul, interfering with the rebirth.

"Do you have any idea how dangerous she is-"

"I do," Gaelan said. "I do."

"Do you?" I asked.

He nodded again. "That was why as soon as I learned of her existence, I wanted to find her. But who knew Harper would do it before me?"

"Harper," I choked. "She knows about your daughter's existence?"

Gaelan clicked his tongue. "Yes. She does. She even caught her once."

"And then?" Was I listening to a story?

"You heard about the battle that took place at the West Pack, right?"

"Yes."

"Harper had caught my daughter there," Gaelan said. "I tried to catch her, but she had fled before I could even see her. I just caught her scent and her lines."

I looked at the sky and sighed. "You sure know how to bring trouble. Could you not control your urges? You just had to have a one-night-stand with some random female."