Chapter 6.1

For the old readers, I just added this chapter. For the new, you can go on.

Be warned. This chapter is not for light-hearted people. Deals with death, blood and revenge. And of course, sprinkled with clues.

********

The female who sold flowers outside the small temple for Kamaria was the only one who prevented him from going in. She held him in an iron grip. But he heard his mother's cry. How could he just be here?

Breaking the hold she had on him, he walked in just to the smell of blood. Not anyone's blood. The blood of Ruthai Sitwat and Klahan Chankul.

His chubby legs carried him to the source, but no one was there. Even if none was there, he knew who had been here. Who had done this. After all, they entered his house when he was playing out and they came out, stinking like this scent.

His mother was always kind. From the very first memory, he had of her, Ruthai Sitwat had been the synonym of kindness. If she baked, she baked for the entire sub-branch of the sub-coven of Summer Coven.

His father, another honest male. There was never a time he went back on his words. Klahan Chankul was a male who taught him to uphold his words.

If one was so kind and the other so upright, then why were they killed? Why were they tortured?

His father mutilated. His fingers were missing and his limbs were chopped and he was lying in a pool of his blood. But his eyes were still open. His gaze at the female next to him.

His mother's face was beyond recognition. It was only by her scent did he know who she was to him. Acid was eating her flesh. But had been just the beginning. Her heavily swollen stomach was slashed and a mass of tissue was out, next to her abdomen. Although he was young, he was old enough. His parents had been expecting. Three more weeks and he would have had a younger brother. Akara Chankul. But now, how could his brother be alive, if their mother killed?

His vision started to become blurry and cries of pain escaped from his mouth. Their family had been humble. It was just that his father had some financial problem and he had borrowed money from people he should not have. Unable to repay in the said date, he asked for an extension of time. But their family was not lucky.

He cried and cried, his voice strange to his ears. His tears itchy on his cheek. His rage was unknown to him.

Then there was a fire. It licked his house as it came uninvited with a nasty evil grin. It curled and took time to explore the house before it came to them. With glee, the red and yellow flames began to hiss at his parents' flesh before it began to devour them. It touched him. When it realised that he was not going to do anything, it devoured him too.

What else could he do, if not die beside his family? After all, he was only a nine-year-old boy.

***************

Lights welcomed him. His body ached, but that just proved he was still alive. A warm face written worry all over greeted him.

"Jarred!" the female said, just momentarily looking away from him. "He's awake."

A male walked over to them. They way they looked at each other, he knew that the two were mates. There was something in their eyes. That complete adoration for the other. Complete devotion. He had seen it between his parents too.

His parents.

He could still remember how they looked. That charring flesh and lifeless gaze. And that life that never got a chance to live. A sob rose to his throat, but he would not cry in front of these people. He did not know who they were. He would not show any weakness.