Chapter 7

A/N: I am updating this week too! Wow! I never thought I could do it.

The SUV stopped before the house I pointed. The sluggish evening zephyr rolled around the abandoned road and the front yard. Some birds sang a song for the twilight and retreated.

Niran pulled over and tapped the steering wheel. For some reason, he had been agitated the entire journey. He just brushed it off as painful memories were creeping in, but the smile on his face said otherwise. He was in a good mood, which was quite discerning for the fact that we were entering Summer Coven.

"This is where you live?" Niran asked, cutting the engine.

I lived in the main house. I brought Niran to Rune's place. One, Rune was the Epsilon and he deserved to know what was happening in the coven and the other was the fact that he was my friend. He needed to know what Lawan had done. Or doing. 

From the mail that I had been digging, I finally found that Lawan did not know to whom she was talking. That was a little comfort. But she did find out that the Minoya chain led straight up to Somsak and Dave which was not surprising. Those bastards were capable of doing anything. Including not just distributing the drug, but also manufacturing it. 

I hacked into their database on that island. It was quite cloaked. I narrowed my eyes when whatever I had access to vanished. I had met a powerful opponent and from the style on the other side, I knew who I was dealing with. Song Zhijin. He came out himself. Just what had Dave promised him to do this?

The fucker was a strong werewolf. He was in this field years before I was born. A fucking legend. But he had the most weird temper. Never fell in line with the norms. The codes I was currently using? He developed them. Obviously, he would have the upper hand. But I was not going to take the defeat just because he had developed this code. I had developed my own set and it had been a while since I fought with someone worthy.

We had gone round and round, with him trying to hack my computer. It took the entire night, but I finally managed to get scrapes of information before he deleted everything on that database when he realised that I had entered it. 

Somsak had tried Minoya on many females and he reported success with five of the hundred females he had experimented on. Seventy were humans. And the five successes had been with humans. One female had run away after the completion of the experiment, burning that lab down. I noted her name for later. The other four females had died and the babies they had been forced to deliver were 'overseen' by Somsak. 

He had raped twenty-six females himself and had made them think that he was their mate, even when two had already been Marked by their mate and had children waiting at their homes. Out of the hundred females who had been given Minoya to test its potency, seventy-five had died of overdose. But Somsak had found a fine range where Minoya could change those females' DNA that could be compatible with any species' sperm while at the same time, she would not die of an overdose. 

After reading that, I personally took it up to kill Somsak by myself. I had killed a lot of people under Dave's command, but I wanted this kill for myself. 

Before leaving, Song Zhijin warned me to stay away, but I could not help but throw a message to him saying that he could go screw himself. 

I shook my head. "Nope. This is where Rune, Summer Coven's Epsilon lives."

He gave me a long look. "I thought we were going to sneak in."

I shrugged. "This is Rune we are talking about. He would know that we came in an hour."

Niran exhaled sharply. "You brought me to the lion's den."

I opened the door. "Don't be dramatic. Rune is not someone who kills and then asks questions."