Chapter 16

A/N: Lyra and Draco have a long conversation. Hope this satisfies you. Lyra will be there for another couple of chapters or something before she leaves. 

I could only stare at the male who said that. That I had not been hallucinating. That they were a part of memory.

"Is," I started. "The memories belong to?"

"Draco," Taurus said. "It... I don't know. But, I had been so sure that I never knew Eltanin or Thuban, but after seeing your memories, something says that I have fought alongside them. This is getting deeper than any of us."

I was heaving and my head was starting to spin. I think I could stay in the hospital for another day. No, for the rest of my life.

"I think Aries will have some answers," he said. "There are a lot of changes in him after he Soul-Bonded. Not to mention, he did say that Cosmos meddled with our memories. I have to find him."

"Now?" I asked.

He shook his head. "After you are discharged."

I rolled my eyes. "If one day I find myself wrapped in a thick blanket like a burrito, I will not be surprised."

"Shall I?" he asked.

I snorted. "I am a hitman. An assassin. I kill people. That's my job. People hire me for their protection."

"Is it so?" he asked, stroking his imaginary beard.

"Yes," I smiled. "Don't you remember? I was sent to kill you."

"Ah!" he exclaimed softly. "But you ended up taking those bullets for me. Does saving me equals killing me? Did the language we are using change over the span of time and I was not informed?"

"Don't you know that?" I asked in the same tone. "It changed when I said so."

"Never knew you invented this language."

I sighed and laid back on my bed. "You may be a Warrior, but you don't know everything I did."

He snorted. "I might-"

The doors opened and Kessa and Mali rushed in. I groaned. If Taurus was being dramatic, what adjective would I use for my mother?

"Draco!" she cried. "What is-"

"I am not dead, mom," I said. "I just passed out."

"Y-you are in the hospital!" she fired. "Werewolves rarely are admitted here!"

"Really," Taurus said. "The doctor just checked on him. She said there was nothing wrong with him."

Mali sighed. "Thank you, Second Warrior. I think we can take it from here. We don't want to be a bother-"

"It is not," he said.

"Let him be here," I said at the same time.

It was not that I feared to be alone, but I felt a sense of security when he was around. Could it be because he was a star and he was powerful? Whatever it was, I felt safe with him around than I ever felt it with Rune or Zeke.

Mali's face flushed. "I did not mean anything wrong."

But there was another reason. Ever since what Ant told me about Harriet and that it had some link with Mali, I was sceptical of her.

"I know," Taurus said. "You were just concerned that I am here and wasting my time?"

Mali stayed silent. It was my mother who cleared her throat. "We did not mean that-"