Chapter 20

A/N: I know it's been a while, but I had exams and assignments and other things creeping up on my end. Sorry for the late update! 

And I have been going through the previous chapters as I noticed some plot holes. I have been trying to fix that and then get back. Next update might be next week. I will try to update soon, but if anything, it must be exams. 

Let me know what you guys think in the comments!

*************

I tapped my foot on the floor as I waited for my name to be called. I was the last for today. I had specifically asked to be the last. I could have been the first, but sleep took over after what happened last night, I crashed on the bed at about five AM and I woke up very late. At about eleven-thirty in the morning.

The hallways were pristine clean. Two workers had cleaned the hallways twice in the one and a half hour I was sitting here. The lights gave a steady glow despite the murky sunlight creeping through the glass windows.

"Mr Stykes," the female sitting outside the doctor's office called. "You may go in."

Nodding to her, I got up when a female who had gone before me came out. She was holding a piece of paper in her hand as she gave it to the female who had called my name.

As she began to explain the female who had come out, I slipped in. The office was drastically different than the previous one I had gone to. The last doctor had his office in just shades of white and a little grey. But here, the colours were pleasant to the eyes. The aesthetic was mainly black and white, but there were occasional hints of pink and soft blue. Weirdly enough, the colours never clashed.

On the other side of the table, the doctor sat, penning something in a file. She was dressed in a formal suit, with her navy blue blazer on the chair she was sitting on. She had a white shirt on.

"Dr Hayes?" I asked standing before her.

She then looked up and gave me a warm smile. "Draco Stykes, I take?"

I nodded.

"Please have a seat." She motioned me to the chair opposite to her table. "Could you wait for a second? I have to finish this and sent this to the hospital management. It just crept out of nowhere."

"Take your time," I muttered as I sat down and looked around.

On her table, there were just two photographs. One was what I presumed to her mate and Ryan and in the other, she was smiling with another female. It could have been a friend or a sister.

There was a crystal pen stand with colourful pens and on the right corner of her table was a stack of neatly arranged files. The light filtered through the windows behind her.

Keeping the file away, she assessed me. "I saw your files from your previous doctor. It's been about six months since you last visited anyone. Any particular thing today?"

I looked down. "I don't know where to start."

She leant on her chair. "I read your medical history, Draco. What you have been through, I assure you. Not many can move past it and become what you are today. Not only you have shown bravery in recovering fine, but also by coming here today. Do you know that many have to be dragged to my office? Most don't come on their free will. You have. I think you do where to begin. Take your time."

I sighed. "I learnt a few things about myself a day ago. I can't seem to accept it."

"Like what?" she asked.

"Like my past is a lie," I croaked out. "I don't know whom to trust now. I don't even know if this is real. I don't know what is real anymore."

"You don't know what is real?" she asked. "You feel that nothing is real?"