Chapter 11.1

A/N: I nearly bled while writing this. Let's say that this was one of the most difficult chapters I had ever written. Not because of the content, but because of the pronoun used.

As you might be aware that Silver is a gender-neutral character and the pronouns used are ze, zir, zirs and zirself instead of the usual he, him, his and himself. 

If I have made any mistakes regarding the use of pronouns or if anyone feels the pronouns used are wrong, please tell me so that I could change it. 

Enjoy!

***************

Ze rolled off the bed just to see the time to be half-past four. Ze glanced at zirs mate sleeping next to zir. As much as she claimed to be fine, ze saw her breaking apart each time she thought ze was not looking at her.

Ze knew that she had loved her mate, but ze had loved her even before Mina had met her mate. Nash. From what others said, Nash had been a lovely male. Someone, Silver knew ze could not hate. Silver would have ended up being Nash's friend or something. Ze just knew it.

Mina looked so peaceful. Ze hated waking her up, but zirs Omicron had called them. And ze had to answer that.

Ze swept zirs gaze around the room when zirs eyes caught the photo of zirs sister. Nadia was laughing in that with her arms wrapped around Mina. Nadia had been a good friend of Mina and Aspen.

Silver took the photo from the bed stand and caressed zir sister's photo. Ze missed her so much that ze had not known what to do following her death. While zirs coven had to deal with her death, Eric's pack had to deal with their Delta's death.

Sheila had been a wonderful female who had died in the war against the West Pack. She had been zirs friend and ze did see how lifeless Ryanne was becoming.

Zirs eyes were filled with tears when dainty hands touched zirs shoulder. "She died a warrior."

"She did not deserve it," ze whispered hating how weak ze was sounding.

"You deserve to let it out, Sil," Mina said. "You deserve that."

Ze glanced at her. And zirs gaze fell on zirs mark on her neck. While the mark was not rejected, it was still red. As if to say that her true mate had not died long ago.

What surprised zir was that she had marked zir too. As if she wanted this too.

"I should have been there, Mina," ze said. "I should have been."

Being the Theta, ze was asked to go back to their coven by their Omicron. And since ze had marked Mina recently, Riley had ordered zir to not take part in the battle. As much as ze loved Mina, ze had a regret that ze had not been there, protecting zirs sister in the battle.

"You are the Theta, Sil," Mina said in her soft voice. "You are made for peace."

Ze choked a sob when his Omicron gently nudged zir via their link. Silver immediately pulled zirself together and squeezed her hand.

"Omicron Riley is calling us," ze said. "Are you ready?"

She inhaled sharply. "Just give me a minute."

She then went to the bathroom and ze heard the water running. Perhaps, she was washing her face. Shaking zirs head, ze just pulled on a shirt over zirs body and combed zirs hair in place.

Mina came out and though her eyes were bloodshot, she nodded at zir with a strength ze had not seen in many. "Shall we?"

They left the room, holding hands.