Chapter 5

I am sorry for the late update. I was having a research work, field trip and an exam all on the same day. I was exhausted by the time I came to my room that I just crashed. Hence the late update.

And... For the next week, Taurus won't be updated. A bonus chapter from Aries' pov will be updated next Monday.

A/N: While people may complain about one update per week, let me make this clear. 

Each chapter in this book ranges from 3.5-4.5k words and if you ask me, that is quite long for Wattpad. While I could break it down into 1.5k words per chapter, it would break the flow of my writing. 

On top of this, I have to concentrate on my university (which is pretty demanding) and rewrite Blaze (I am going to). I hope you can take one chapter per week. If the chapters are short, I will update another one.

My breath was ragged and that point, I did not care if I was found.

The last Royal was alive?

"Lyra Throne?" Torre's voice cut through my revive.

Aries nodded. "That female."

"Isn't she that Beta's daughter who was banished-"

"You don't even know the full story," Aries said and leant back on the chair. "She is... perfection. Her eyes have the hue of golden dust sprawled with brown. When she laughs, By Cosmos! I live for that. And-"

"Did the mighty Aries fall?" Torre asked. I sensed a smile in that voice.

Aries sighed. "I did not fall. I just... adore her. Am fascinated by her. I just don't know why, Torre, but my heart flutters. My core energy that makes who I am, flips at the mere thought of her. If you met her-"

"I won't be fascinated by her," Torre cut in. "If I was, I am sure that you will kill me."

For some reason that calmed a burning bubbling emotion that was rising in me. I frowned. Why was I bothered by who Torre was fascinated with?

Aries frowned. "You are right. I would have. Damn it. I got it worse than Leo, haven't I?"

"Mighty Aries is no longer a bachelor?" Torre asked.

Aries shook his head. "No! By Moon above. I have not confessed to her."

"Scared?"

"Terrified."

"Then it's all good," Torre said. "I can't wait to meet her."

Aries snorted but helped himself with another glass of that alcohol.

"Does Ant suspect anything?" Torre asked.

Aries nodded. "She is suspicious. But other than that, she is bearable."

Who was this Ant?

"I just can't wait to tell the rest of them," Torre said.

Aries rolled his eyes. "The rest? Gemini is in a country in the continent Asia. Sage is dressed as a high-school girl to find the rebellion that she owes to a witch. Leo is posing as a motorbike racer and Libra is a detective. I don't even want to talk about others."

I licked my lips. The Warriors were not a myth after all. Two were sitting right in front of me and they were talking about others. My heart raced. My job for this night was to kill Torre and get out and save my mother and Aiko. It was not stumbling into the secrets this land had.

But seriously, why did these Warriors have two professions? Did they have so much time? 

My shoulders slouched and I placed the gun next to me. It was no use pointing it at them. I knew I could not kill them. I had to escape, but something was stopping me. Was it the conversation or was it my curiosity to see what Taurus looked like?