Chapter 15

A/N: Leave your thoughts below!

"Draco," she said. "The hitman you told us about, Taurus?"

Taurus nodded. "He is the one."

Lyra just smiled more widely and finished her tea. Then she looked at the girl who was hugging her like a koala. "I am here, Ant. Loosen your hold a little."

"I won't," the princess pouted. "I won't. Aries will steal you away."

Lyra laughed. "I promise. He won't."

Aries playfully glared at Antlia. There was a certain lightness to the Warrior than I had first seen him.

Lyra then raised her head. "Is there something?"

I pursed my lips and pulled a chair for myself. Would it be right of me to say it? Would she help me? But there was something about those gold eyes that calmed me like no other. I could hear some voices, I was sure I had never heard them before.

I gulped. "My parents were werewolves."

"Tell us something we don't know," Niran commented.

"And I have never shifted," I continued, ignoring him. "For forty-seven years."

Niran frowned. "Are you sure you're not adopted?"

But Lyra was calm. She nodded, asking me to continue. 

I said, "And Taurus did say that I was a shifter."

"Is it so?" she asked.

If she said that I was not a werewolf, then I did not know what to believe anymore. I was having a difficult time to accept that shifters were still there and I was one of them. I had been under the impression that I knew about myself. But certain truths or rather questions were making me question who I was.

"So were my parents," she said. "But I am not a werewolf. Nor am I a shifter."

I just blinked at her. What the hell was she saying? Was she a vampire or a witch then? Or was she just a human? But the power she was radiating was no less than what Taurus or Aries were radiating. Ancient and mysterious.

"What the hell Aries!" Niran jumped. "Your mate is just a human?"

Wrath shrouded the First Warrior. "What the hell do you mean by that?"

"Y-you are a star!" Niran protested. "She is a weaker race than you-"

Before Aries could explode, Lyra swept her gaze from me to the vampire. "A weaker race, you say? You are saying that humans are a weaker race?"

Antlia quietly sniggered in the corner while Zyon rolled his eyes. Taurus just muttered, "I don't know him."

"N-no?" Niran gulped. "Damn it! Who the hell are you?"

"Exactly," she said. "I am hell."

Sam laughed, trying to dispel the thick ominous aura that Lyra and Aries were releasing. "He does not know, Lyra. Leave him be."

She settled down. "I was a human when I achieved the title of the head researcher of West pack. Humans are not weak."

Niran nodded his head fast. "Understood."

I then recollected what Taurus told about Cathan and when I suddenly blurted that Cathan was a pulsar. He had been questioning Riley about who Lyra was.

"You are a pulsar," I said, linking the scenario. "Right?"

She rose her eyebrows in surprise. "Right. I am."