Chapter 1

A/N: I am a mind-reader. I know. I know what you guys are thinking. What is wrong with this girl? did she not say she would start updating by January 1st? 

Guess what? I want to know what you like about this first chapter. What you dislike. Hopefully, you will stay with Draco until the end of his journey. Let me know your thoughts about this.

Enjoy!

Total words: 20,902 as of now. This chapter is just 3.4k words.

*********

The gun clicked as I placed the weapon on my shoulder and looked through the lens. The night protected me like it always did, shrouding me with its shadow. Despite the moon shining bright out, no one could spot me.

It was not arrogance that ran through me. It was confidence. How many times had I aimed my gun at my targets at nights like these?

Too many. Far too many that I gave up counting them. While I did forget many of my targets, I would never forget the first. That night was tattooed in my memory.

I could still recall with precise clarity of the pale, wrinkled skin, the red lips that turned pale blue and that hollowness in the eyes that had once been lovely. The first person I had killed was a female who escaped Summer Coven's Omicron, Dave Chaiwong. She had been his sex slave and when she found that she was pregnant, she had escaped. 

The warlock came out of the cabin just as I had predicted. Smirking, I exhaled and fired the gun. It recoiled with a velocity that would have dislocated my arm if I did not have enough practice.  And Lawan, my mentor made sure that I had enough practice.

A bullet through his head. The warlock did not hear a thing and he just hit the ground with a soft thud. Had this been a normal bullet, his magic would have protected him. But I used the bullets that could penetrate through any kind of barrier. 

This would be when the guilt came up. This warlock was a good guy. Someone who worked for the Royal enforcer. He came here to check the flesh trade that reigned ever since the royal family died. He came here to save the innocents. 

I should do better. I could do better. But between my mother and this noble warlock, I would choose her any day.

I glanced at the window of the cabin. Within thirty seconds, other enforcers assigned for this mission would come out and try to track the killer. I had to escape within that period.

I sighed and began packing my gun into the bag. I had escaped in much less time, and these thirty seconds were a luxury to me. Just as the screams of a werewolf tore the silence of the town, I opened the door to the terrace and began to walk down.

My watch beeped and I pressed a button to quieten it as I took my phone out and sent a text message to the witch who had asked Dave, my employer, to take care of this. And Dave being Dave, sent me to kill the warlock.

I would not ask my employer who hired me and who my target was. The less the connection, the easier for me to kill. 

Look how that turned out. 

But Lana just had to tell me who I was dealing with tonight. She whispered in my ears about this warlock along with the dark promises of what she would do to me tonight. I shuddered. I did not want to meet. Ever.

Forest View Street, I typed. Walter Rossi is dead.

With that, I threw the burner phone in the trash that was placed on the third floor of this motel, removed my gloves and pocketed it.

Bling from my other mobile told me that the transaction was complete and I had an extra one million nyota in my account. As I walked down, a loud blaring noise echoed from a room on the first floor that must have dulled that werewolf's scream