Chapter 17.4

Loud knocks woke her up. Frowning, she pulled the covers over her head and buried her face into the pillow. If she did not answer, would that person leave?

Apparently, the one who was out was relentless. They kept knocking. Groaning, she threw the sheets off and glared at her thick curtains. Though that plum curtains did a good job at blocking the light, she could tell if the sun had woken or not. Judging by how monotonous it was, it was still night.

With one eye open, she checked the alarm that neatly showed her it was half-past two. Half-past two?

Who was it? If it was Gaelan, he would have slipped in like a cat on her bed and cuddled with her. If it was Mali- no, that female never came her. As for Dave, that male was enjoying the other slaves that he nearly forgot he used to sleep with her. Either that or Gaelan messed with his mind.

The door was knocked again. Groaning, she got up and found a shirt she had thrown over her chair last night. Wearing it, she opened the door to find a fidgeting female she knew too well.

Seeing her, sleep eluded her and she mumbled for the other female to come in.

"What is it?" she asked.

"I am having doubts, Leigh," she said. "I remember my daughter-in-law leaving the city for the day and then suddenly I find myself with the memory of her helping me prepare lunch. I want you to look into this."

Leigh frowned. Mali had told her that she had stopped doing it. So, where was this springing from?

"I will see what I can do, Kessa," Leigh muttered. "I will check about Harriet again."

"Do so about Tressa too," she said. "I am having blank memories."

"Even Tressa?" she whispered. "I will see what I can do, Kessa."

"I trust you then." With that, the female walked out of the room.

Leigh was baffled. She had been away for one year and a half and word around the corner was that Draco had a child with Harriet. Even if Mali had played this game for six months, she swore she had stopped it. And Leigh believed her. Not because she trusted that Omicron, but because her powers told her so.

How long was this Harriet going to play?

Rage like no other clouded her vision. She had sworn that she would not allow anyone else tarnish a mate bond with a person she knew. At least as long as she was alive. This Harriet was pushing her buttons.

The next day, she would pay Draco a visit in his work. That would explain it all.

***********

"You asked for me?" he smiled at her politely in spite of knowing her close relation with Dave.

She was impressed. She had visited his company and he had come down in a matter of a minute to greet her.

"I did," she said, unscrewing a bottle of water. "Draco Stykes. I think you know who I am."

Though his eyes shifted a bit, that polite smile did not wear off. "I do."

"Good," she said. "That being said, I must congratulate you for the birth of your daughter."

His smile touched his eyes. "Thank you."

"Tressa is it?" she asked.

He nodded. "Tressa Grin."

She smiled. She had him where she wanted. "A newborn. Why are you not taking the allotted three months holidays? All the companies give three months holidays for the new fathers."