Chapter 33

A/N: We are heading towards the end...

Enjoy!

*********

Gaelan was extremely silent, proving me wrong. When he learnt who Leigh was, I thought he might throw a tantrum or worse, destroy the Summer Coven. But he did none of those. He just politely asked me where Thuban and Elta might be and how to get there if they were in Kelp Confusion.

Even Taurus was stunned by his action. But Leigh just shook her head and led us to the Kelp Confusion. This journey was not something I looked forward to. I had too many memories there. I had ruled the Kelp Confusion after Eltanin's father. That place listened to me and recognised me as its lord. That terrain itself would have given me an advantage. But not now. Not when I was questioning everything.

I thought my life on earth would be simple, and Mali proved it wrong. If I thought I was the Lord of Kelp Confusion, I was wrong again. I failed to catch Elta in time.

Who else would betray me? What more did I miss? As much as I wanted to know what was happening, I was partly afraid to find the truth. If one more who I was close with had betrayed me, I did not know how to hold myself together.

Taurus inched close to me, so close that our energies combined. In that connection, he sent a wave of warmth. "I am here."

I knew that. Even if everyone left me, this male next to me will be the one to be with me till the end of times. This kind of trust, I did not even have with my siblings. As much as it stunned me, I was glad to have this male next to me.

The first kelp of the Kelp Confusion greeted us. Our journey was smooth. I was the Lord and Dziban had a Light Pact with the Kelp Confusion. How could it send us away?

When we entered the place, Leigh took the lead. Gaelan followed her, and we both came last. I paused many times. There was a time when I knew each and every Kelp in this place. Knew which Kelp held whom. Even knew which exit would lead me where. Tiny whitish silvery wisps floated here and there. They were the pulse of the Kelp Confusion. Though others may see it, they responded only to the Lord of the Kelp Confusion.

They crowded around me. The further I went, the more wisps came towards me. It was their way of reporting what was happening here. If they knew what was happening here, how did Elta fool them? How was she able to escape them? Or was it something she learnt from her father?

Leigh stopped. "They are right at the heart of the Kelp Confusion. If I move even an inch, they will detect us here. Elta will."

I commanded the wisps. Without a second thought, they shrouded us, concealing us from being detected. This was one of the perks of being the Lord of the Kelp Confusion.

"I don't get it," Gaelan asked. "How did Dave come here? How did Zyon? How can they survive here?"

"Are you sure you want to know the truth?" I asked.

"Hit me."

"How are the prisoners here?" I asked him.

"The Kelp keeps them alive?" he said.

"The life of Kelp Confusion keeps them alive," I said. "It's difficult to understand... but Kelp Confusion was built to teach the value of life. To those who have no regard for life. That is why it was easy for me in the past to contain the poison here."

"You mean to say," Gaelan asked. "You can't kill anyone here?"

"Exactly," I replied. "Even if it is Harper, I can't kill her. But... there are some exceptions."