Chapter 29

A/N: Yes... Cancer makes an appearance here. Let me know what you think about her!

Might want tissues... and you can kill me later (hides away)

**********

The body laid there writhing, not a single breath left in her. But her heart was still beating and her brain was trying to cope with the pain. Though she knew she was going to die, there was not a single hint of remorse in her wide eyes. If anything, there was hatred and the thirst for revenge.

But what gave her the guts to think this? I had not been the only victim under her. When I was in the dungeon, my screams were not the only sounds the walls heard. How many begged for death? How many tried to conceal the pain of the torture she put them through?

She was Dave's perfect little assistant. Whatever he could not do, he would push it to her and she would do it, no matter what.

Life slowly ebbed away from her as she soaked in a pool of her own blood. But before the soul could leave the earth, Taurus held his hand out and caught the delicate thing.

Not having gone through the Three Paths and Flames of Time, the soul would not forget what happened in this life. It thrashed in his hands, twisting and moaning.

But Taurus had none of that. He frowned as if he was looking into all the past lives she had. A faint light of disgust coated his face.

"Qamar really chooses souls well," Taurus sneered. "Tainting this soul forever."

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Each soul, no matter what it had done in its past life, after going through the Three Paths is declared pure," Taurus said. "And a soul living a good life or a bad one cannot be consistent. But Qamar had always used a despicable life for this soul. Makes me wonder why."

"Perhaps..." I mused. "Before this soul was assigned to Earth, it had pissed Qamar off?"

Taurus squeezed the soul a little. "He can't be that prejudiced. It goes against the laws of him being a Fate Writer. Even Dagen is comparatively fair."

"Who was she?" I asked, narrowing my gaze on the feeble soul.

Taurus shook his head. "I can't find it. Qamar hid it too well."

I shrugged. "Let it go. Maybe something personal to Qamar."

Taurus' eyes shone with a gleam. "Who said I was going to let this slide?"

A faint green light enveloped his body as the soul was crushed. For a second a slight fluctuation rippled in the air before a peal of thunder rumbled across the sky. Far away, the River of Soul crashed with the Flames of Time. The researchers paused for a moment and if my guess was not wrong, the pen nib of Qamar had a crack.

The currents fluctuated again, but now, next to us was a female in sky blue shirt and navy blue ripped jeans. Silver hair gently swayed with the wind. She was not pale, but neither was she tan, somewhere in between. A pair of shades concealed her eyes.

She removed the shades and hooked it in front of her shirt as she glared at Taurus, with her hands over her hips. That silver hair and the pair of charm bracelets she had on her left wrist gave her earth identity away.

"Carcen?" I breathed.

She gave a sideways look at me and smiled. But then she focused her gaze on Taurus again.

"Do you know what you have done?" she snarled; her silver eyes could shoot lasers at this point.

Taurus lazily wiped his hands on his pants and looked at her. "What is it now?"