Chapter 34

A/N: I think there are only a couple of chapters before the epilogue. 

Enjoy!

**************

Only two gave me enough respect. Only two left the Kelp Confusion. Alrakis and Rastaban. They had taken part in the previous Bind war and they knew how terrible this poison could get. I would not blame them if they left. In fact, I wanted everyone here to leave.

Keeping the poison away from me was nothing. Even if it touched me or seeped into my soul, it would not be a problem for me. I was one of the strongest Immunes, and if this small amount of poison was to harm me, I would not forgive myself. Not to mention, I was Soul-Bounded. And this made me even stronger.

The problem for me was to keep the poison from touching others. I could not allow it to touch anyone here. Even Eltanin, Thuban, Atik and maddeningly even Dave. If it harmed anyone, I would be one Chaos would question. If they died by some other means, by Abyss, if they died by me killing them, I would not be put on trial. But if they were to die by poison and they knew I was near them, I would be punished without giving me a chance to explain.

This poison was the enemy of life and as Immune, it would be my sole duty to keep it out of the Universe. Does my fate sit together with its friends and decide how to make my life more difficult than it is?

To make me lose my mind, Elta was doing her best to release the poison. The poison was already raging for the fact that I had imprisoned it in the Kelps. And now, she was adding fuel to the fire. She was egging it to escape from my hold. But how could she succeed? Among the two, it was clear who was stronger. But the resentment the poison had was a bit too much for me. Had no one was here, I would have taken it all into my body and neutralised it.

Taurus left Atik and came to aid me. He did not ask another word, and without interfering in my work, he silently lent me energy. With his help, this might be enough.

Nox was next to Elta, saying something, but instead of calming her down, it was worsening matters for me. Thuban rushed to help whatever madness Elta was into, and Gaelan and Dziban tried to stop him. Alioth and Saiph were engaged in a fight with Atik. Could they not have picked another venue to fight?

Who cared about Dave now? As long as he stayed there, nothing would happen to him.

Even with Taurus helping me, something was off. Though my memory was messed up, I remember the poison I had sealed up in the past. The one before me was wild and vigorous. What had Elta done? Did she not know what a crime it was to release it?

"Can't control it, Draco?" Elta laughed in high pitch. "Wondering why the poison became so aggressive?"

Maintaining the barrier on one side, I frowned at her. "What have you done, Elta?"

"I connected a passage," she grinned. "A passage between these kelps and the poison beyond the barrier."

To whom did she sell her reasoning? What possessed her to do this?

"What have you done, Elta?" I whispered.

Unless someone stops the passage, there would be an endless stream of poison here, and I would have to expend all my energy in vain. And not to mention, I would be left to fend against the raw poison all by myself.

"Taurus!" I said after collecting myself. "Guide everyone out. Out of the Kelp Confusion."

"Draco?" he asked.

"No time," I said. "Elta tore a passage between the raw poison and the Kelp Confusion. I don't think I can contend against the entire poison. It would consume me. I can keep it away from the Kelp Confusion only for the time being. Get everyone out."