Chapter 34.1

A/N: The last before chapter! 

This chapter has three different points of views. Zoya (Kessa's friend, Dave's slave), Charis Minga and Allen. 

Enjoy!

*********

She swirled the red liquid in her glass as she laid back on the sofa. Country music played from the recorder, and a steady stream of sunlight lit the living room. Next to her, Kessa was humming to the song.

"Happy?" Kanya asked, and the scent of scrambled eggs became rich.

"Never been better," she said with a smile on her face. "I have never felt this free."

"I am over the moon," the female werewolf next to her said. "Draco found his mate! What more could I ask for?"

Kanya placed the plate of scrambled eggs before Kessa and motioned her to eat. Giving her friend an annoyed face, she stuffed herself with it.

Zoya grinned, taking a sip of her wine. "Of all the people he could have as his boyfriend, he went ahead for Torre! Which male on this continent could match up to him? Is it either big or go home, eh?"

Kessa punched her lightly. "From what I heard... Torre is the Second Warrior!"

No matter how much she tried to hide it, Zoya could hear that smugness in her voice. Nearly spilling her wine, she opened her eyes and blinked at her friend. "S-second Warrior?"

"Either big or go home," Kanya whispered.

"It's their life," Kessa said. "I won't interfere."

Zoya sighed. "If it is Second Warrior... he can no longer be the Draco we know. He will be involved in Royal's mess. As much as we can say that we have a connection to the Court, him being Second Warrior's mate will bring a lot of enemies to him. Many will despise him. Many will try to kill him."

She cleaned her plate and gave Zoya a long look. "What are you trying to tell?"

"Haven't you ever heard?" Zoya asked. "How messy Royal lives are?"

"How terrible can it be?" Kessa asked, but there was a slight quiver in her voice.

"Apinya used to tell me," Zoya said. "Anyone in the Royal Court... they naturally hold power. There was someone in the Court... his name was Nyx or something. He found his mate and just announced it to his close friends. But there were many other females who wanted to get close to him. In jealously, they killed his mate, and he did not even know who killed his mate for six months! And this is someone who was just in the Court. And now, Draco is with the Second Warrior! How many people would want him dead? Jealously of the human heart is the ugliest thing."

"Draco is strong," Kessa muttered. "He is an assassin, for Amaris' sake!"

Kanya snorted. "If Torre can't even protect his mate, he can jolly well forget about Draco. He is our baby. Anything was about to happen to Draco, even if he sheds a single tear, that's it!"

Kessa nodded firmly. "I will have a nice talk with Torre after this."

Kanya nodded. "That's what Kess is going to do. What about you, Zozo?"

She finished her glass in one gulp and stared at the picture ahead. "I lost everything, Ken. Everything because of Dave. I don't even know where to start."

Kessa held her hand tightly. "Whatever decision you take, we are here for you."

Zoya smiled at them. They were the best friends anyone could ask for. She remembered Kessa being brought from the Summer Pack with her little son. Her mate had recently left her, and she was doing her best to provide for her son when Dave brought her here. In the beginning, Kessa had been a very prideful female, refusing Dave at every turn. But when he threatened her with Draco, she complied with every wish of him. It sickened her to see such an amazing female be so compliant. But who could say anything? Even if it had been her, she would have done anything to save her son.