𝙄 - 𝙎𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡

259 A.C.

Sweat built up on her forehead, threatening to spill down her face.

"You are going to have to push harder Princess"

She wanted to scream at them.  Did it look like she wanted to hold the child in and cause herself further pain?

She pushed those thoughts to the back of her brain, that was not what was important.  She pushed and screamed.  It was almost twisting her insides out.  Twisting and pulling until she had no energy left.

Suddenly, all her pain dispersed.  She sighed in relief when she heard the babe cry.

"It's a boy, your Grace"

"Give him to me"

The maester slowly lowered the child into her arms.  Lightly bouncing the baby, holding him tightly to her chest.  She never wanted to let him go.  Oh how frail he was.

His eyes fluttered open.  Even his long lashes couldn't hide his deep purple irises. Indigo.

He was beautiful and he was hers. She would treasure him, forever and ever. He was truly unique and for that, deserved an unique name. Perhaps, Daeryn. No, that wouldn't do. Rhaegar.

She couldn't help but feel slightly worried for her babe. Aerys. At the age of fourteen, Rhaella still knew of the cruelness buried deep within her brother, itching to come out. Her poor Rhaegar would be vulnerable to her brother-husband.

And so a Prince was born. Among the flames of Summerhall. Among the distant screams of his family burning as a result of his great-grandfather's lunacy. Forever rendering the babe melancholic.

I know this chapter is short, but it is just the introduction of our lovely Rhaegar. The next chapter will be the introduction of the lovely maid.  Love you all :)

𝐀 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐘𝐍𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐘, ❲𝐫.𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐞𝐧❳जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें