𝙄𝙑 - 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙍𝙤𝙘𝙠

276 A.C.
Lannisport

Jaime Lannister watched from his bedroom window of great, noble houses and their banners slowly approaching. It was truly a magnificent sight to behold.

Being only a child of ten would typically mean he would have more than enough knowledge to name all the paramour houses and their vassal lords — but this is Jaime. He dreamt of being a knight, so hence felt as if lessons with the Maester were useless. He wished to be on the Kingsguard.

Despite his lack thereof knowledge, it didn't take a genius to figure out the scarlet-red three-headed dragon on a midnight-black, was Targaryen. The Royals themselves were coming. No surprise that the Queen and her new son (which the tourney was actually in honour of) were not permitted to attend.

This didn't dampen the young lion's mood — for like all the maidens, he wanted to see the Crown Prince — obviously not for the same reason as the maidens, but more of a sheer respect. The Prince was said to be graceful in combat, but accurate and straight-to-the-point with his blows, more often than not, all fatal.

But it wasn't just the Prince that Jaime was excited to see — but the amazing Kingsguard. Ser Gerold Hightower, Ser Oswald Whent, Ser Arthur Dayne — the Sword of the Morning, the greatest warrior of history, undefeated.

"Jaime, the Prince is here and Father told us we have to meet and greet them." He didn't move a single muscle at his sister's words, too much in awe at the sight before him.

"Jaime! Get away from that window and your silly fantasies. Father told us we are to meet the Prince, and if you don't move away from that window now, I will drag you. Do not think that beneath me, for I would do anything for Rhaegar. If you ruin this for me, I will never forgive you. Father said I was to be Queen, and not you or your daydreaming shall stop me."

He huffed. Why did his sister have to be so demanding? "Of course Cersei, coming right now."

Casterly Rock. The ancestral rock of Lannisters. Or more Casterly, since they were the ones who stole it from them. Casterly was a great house, that was wiped out by the Lannisters and their games.

However, that didn't stop anyone arriving to look upon the Rock without admiration. It was tall, almost as big as the Red Keep upon Aegon's Hill.

As the royal carriage pulled up next to the Lannisters, Rhaegar and Arthur rode up next to it on their white stallions.

Rhaegar jumped off the horse and walked straight over to Lord Tywin. Arthur following in suit, with Dawn shining from his waist, hanging loosely in it's sheath.

"Your Grace, it is an honour to host your brother's tourney here."

"The honour is all mine, Lord Tywin. Your home is lovely."

As Rhaegar moved onto the next person to say meaningless greetings, the carriage door flung open. And out stepped his oh so gallant father — the same father who claimed to be ill to prevent riding a horse.

"Ah Tywin my dear friend. I see you have finally decided to host a tourney, and in honour of my family.  You truly are the best servant of mine." It didn't take a grand maester to notice the slight clench and change in demeanour of the proud lion.

"Always proud to do my duty, your Grace." The King slapped his shoulder.  Did he not realise the consequences of his actions?