𝙓𝙓𝙑𝙄𝙄 - 𝙂𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙃𝙤𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙧

281 A.C.
King's Landing

"I have to go to the small council meeting, but can I meet you after?" Rhaegar asked.

Leia looked away from her vanity. "Of course.  It would be nice." She said with a smile.

Rhaegar nodded. "See you soon." He shut the door behind himself.

Leia tried to put her necklace on from Elia.  She couldn't get the clasp on and gave up.  She sighed and put her head in her hands.

Something felt wrong.  Leia couldn't think what, but she couldn't help but think it was something with that letter she had found.

Leia had searched for that same small box, but she couldn't find it. She had been annoyed with herself, as there had been many more letters in the box.

Leia looked back at the mirror, and attempted to clasp her necklace again. After a while, she finally got it.

Leia got up from her seat and walked out the door, to the gardens.  There, was her friends with Rhayria and Aecerys.

She took a seat at the bench. "All of you are spending more time with my children than I." They all laughed.

Leia took a bite from a lemon cake, and relaxed into her chair. "We have something to tell you, Leia." She looked up and sat up in her seat.

Catelyn took a deep breath. "I won't be a lady in waiting for much longer... my father has ordered me to travel north to Winterfell.  I have to be with Brandon."

Leia looked down. "You said we... who else is leaving?" She said in a small voice.

"I too.  I have only been a lady in waiting for a short while, but you have made me all feel welcome. I have to travel with Catelyn, where I will stand by... Robert." Lyanna said, almost ashamed by her betrothed.

Leia's eyes filled with tears. Before she could say anything, Janna spoke. "Mace has told me to ride south for Highgarden, where I will marry Ser Jon Fossoway."

"So you're all leaving?" Leia asked looking down, and playing with the bit of lemon from the cake.

"Ashara and I are staying. We haven't received any good betrothals yet." Elia said, half-jokingly. Leia gave a small smile.

"I will miss you all." She got up from her seat and hugged them all. "When are you leaving?" A tear rolled down her cheek.

"Want to get rid of us already?" Janna jested.

"What gave you that impression?" Leia asked jokingly, she withdrew from the hug and sat back down. "Was it the fake crying?" She jested.

"Aye, that single tear showed us how much you care." They all laughed. "We are to leave when we go for the tourney." Lyanna said

"What tourney?" Leia asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Did Rhaegar not tell you?" Catelyn asked confused.

Leia bit the inside of her cheeks.  There was nothing more she hated was being humiliated.  Her friends wouldn't hold it against her, but it was still embarrassing that her husband hadn't even told her something simple.

"No one has mentioned it around me." Leia said. "Did Arthur or Oswell know?"

"Well Oswell should know since it is the Whent house hosting the tourney." Elia said.

"As for Arthur, he probably didn't have enough time to tell you.  He has been pretty busy with dealing with the Brotherhood.  Although we've known for a sennight." Ashara said, shrugging and taking a sip of wine.