𝙓𝙓𝙓𝙄𝙄𝙄 - 𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙙𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙚

282 A.C.
King's Landing

"Your Grace, you have been summoned to a small council meeting." A servant said, interrupting Leia's collation with her ladies in waiting.

Leia looked at Elia and Ashara, then back at the servant who was stood at the table. "Me?" The servant nodded and Leia stood up. "Excuse me, I will come back later."

"Good luck." Ashara whispered and Leia laughed.

As Leia walked through the halls with a silent servant, she couldn't help but feel an overbearing dread.

It wasn't often that the Princess has been invited to attend a small council meeting, and the last time she had been invited to a meeting; Leia had been arrested for suspected treason.

Leia followed the servant through the courtyard and the outdoor courtyard, until they reached the doors of the council chamber.

"Thank you, your dismissed." Leia said to the servant, whom nodded and left her by the door.  She took a deep breath and pushed open the doors.

Like a true princess, she bowed and formally addressed the council.  Leia took a seat to Rhaegar's right.  He was sitting in his father's seat at the head of the table.

To Rhaegar's left, was Lord Jon Connington, the current Hand.  Leia noticed that the Hand was staring at her husband in awe.

Leia smiled at her father, who only gave a short smile back.  Everyone was sat in a melancholy silence.

Rhaegar cleared his throat. "We're here to discuss the matters regarding the realm—"

"Why is she here?" Jon said annoyed.

"Why are you here?" Leia said back, Jon smirked. "To stare at my husband?" His smirk fell, and instead Leia had a victorious smirk.

"Right, that's enough." Rhaegar said awkwardly.

"She's a woman." The Grand Maester said.

"That's a great observation.  It appears your eyesight is sharp, despite your old age." Leia said, gritting her teeth.  Lucerys laughed, but covered it up with a cough.

Rhaegar slammed his hands onto the table, and stood up. "We are not here to be petty at one another." Rhaegar said.  The council chambers fell silent, and he sat back down. "With regards to my wife, I've allowed her to come because she has more brains than most of you."

Leia smiled at them all, and they looked down. "Where are we on dealing with Robert Baratheon?"

"It appears the storm Lord was stronger than we thought." Lord Velaryon said.

"What does that mean? Will you be able to win?" Rhaegar asked.

"I believe we will—" Pycelle said.

"Our war efforts so far, have not even impeded the Rebellion.  The soldiers are tired." Ser Hightower interrupted.

"What do they need? More food? More money?" Rhaegar asked.

"I believe if you fight among them, they will feel as though the war is worth fighting in." The Lord Commander said.

Rhaegar sighed and rubbed his face. "I will fight with them, soon." Leia looked at him worried and he gave her a reassuring smile. "For now, give them a raise.  Can you do that Lord Chelsted?" The Master of Coin nodded.

"Varys, have you heard anything?" Leia asked the very quiet eunuch.

"My little birds have told me of ill news." They all exchanged worried expressions. "The new Lady of House Baratheon has fallen ill, due to complications of childbirth."