𝙓𝙓𝙓 - 𝙊𝙪𝙧𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙪𝙧𝙮

282 A.C.
King's Landing

"Robert and Lyanna are married." Rhaegar said, reading from a piece of parchment.  He rolled it up.

"I am shocked.  I thought she hated him." Leia said, looking away from Aecerys, and at Rhaegar.

"Apparently not." He said shrugging. "Also, Catelyn and Brandon's wedding is to take place soon. It is being held at Riverrun." Rhaegar walked over to the bed and sat down. He helped her dress Aecerys.

"Gods, I wish I could be there. It feels so weird only having Elia and Ashara around." Leia sighed.

"I heard our names." A voice said from the door. They both turned around to see Elia and Ashara.

Ashara walked over to the bed and sat down. "Where is Rhayria?" Leia asked them.

"Rhayria is with Viserys, and we came to take little Aecerys, here," Ashara tickled his stomach, and the babe giggled, "to the wet nurse."

Rhaegar passed Aecerys to Elia, who held him on her hip. "Do you have any plans now?" Elia asked.

Leia looked round at Rhaegar. "I don't think so." He mouthed "small council meeting". She looked back at Elia. "Why?"

"We wanted to spend some time with you. Since there isn't many of us left, we wanted to make it as enjoyable as we can." Leia smiled, but noticed that Elia only gave a small smile.

Leia looked back at Ashara who only shook her head. "Ok, if you go now, I shall meet you in the gardens." They both nodded and left the room.

"So why were you acting weird?" Leia asked, picking up a spoon of baked apples fragrant with cinnamon, and placing them on her plate.

Elia took a deep breath and looked at Ashara, who nodded at her for support. "There has been rumours regarding... Robert."

"What rumours? All I have heard is that he has married Lyanna." Leia said confused.

"Apparently during their consummation, he called Lyanna your name." Elia said.

Leia just stared at them blankly. "What?"

"There's more." Ashara said, and Leia looked at her. "Lyanna has been determined as pregnant."

"I would have said that was a good thing... but now I'm not so sure." Leia said, looking down.

"Also—" Ashara said.

"There's more?" She asked shocked.

"Robert has said he would wage a war to have you by his side." Elia said.

"But he knows I love Rhaegar."

"He said that Rhaegar is no match for him." Ashara said.

"No, no, no.  Are you sure this is the same Robert we are talking about? Not... some other Robert? It's definitely Robert Baratheon?" They both nodded. "Gods. May you fetch Rhaegar please?"

Ashara nodded and left the table. Elia reached over and hugged Leia. "I'm so sorry this has happened to you. You don't deserve it."

"He knows I am happy... why would he do this?" Leia asked, tears rolling down her cheeks. A shadow fell over them.

"Elia, may you excuse us for a moment." The Martell Princess nodded and walked back into the Keep. Rhaegar sat down and held Leia's hand in his own. "Ashara told me."

Leia looked up and hugged him. "I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want anyone to get hurt. Seven hells! Must he start a war?" She shouted.

"Shh, calm down." He stroked the tears off of her cheeks, and cupped her face. "I made you promise before. Now and forever. I intend to keep that promise. Some Lord will not make me break that."

"Promise?" She asked in a small voice.

"I promise."

"Jon Connington is Hand?" Leia asked in disbelief. "Has your father gone mad? Wait.  Don't answer that.  Has your father's advisors gone mad?" Leia asked.

They were lying on their four-poster bed. Leia was lying down on Rhaegar's lap and he was running his fingers through her hair.

"I feel as though that should be the only valid reason, alas it's just my father's madness again." Rhaegar said, rolling his eyes.

A knock came from the door. "Enter" Rhaegar called. A servant entered.

"Your Grace, the King, called for a meeting." He said.

"A small council meeting?" Rhaegar asked.

"No, a family meeting. He asked for both of you to arrive specifically." Rhaegar nodded and dismissed the servant.

Leia stood up and kissed him on the nose. "I'm sure it isn't anything too bad."

"This is bad. No. This is awful." Rhaegar said, running his hands through his platinum hair.

"Would you mind explaining why your wife has your cousin starting a war?" Aerys asked, whilst leaning forward in the throne. He was glaring at Leia.

"Me? I told him I loved Rhaegar!" Leia exclaimed in disbelief.

"So you knew this would happen?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"What? No! I mean... I guess? I found out the other day but it wasn't definite." Leia stuttered.

"Aerys—" Rhaella said.

"I don't care. You knew. Lannister?" Aerys interrupted. The Kingsguard stepped forward.

"Yes, your Grace?" He said monotonously.

"Take her to the dungeons." Jaime hesitated but took Leia by her arms. Rhaegar stood up. "Keep him back." Arthur and Oswell also hesitated, but held their friend back.

"Mama?" Rhayria asked scared.

"It's ok darling. Mama is safe, she's just going away for a little while. Don't worry, Papa will protect you." Leia said, whilst being dragged away further from her daughter.

Rhayria stood up. "Mama don't go." She was held back by Rhaella, trying to make sure she didn't get hurt.

"I will come back. I promise."

I would like to give a special thanks to the following people for voting (since the last chapter): @elemental155 , @tyishab1 and @Sofia29MP (I apologise if I missed anyone out on that list, comment on this and I'll add you to my list of thanks on the next chapter).

I would also like to give a special thanks to the following people for adding my book to their libraries (since the last chapter): @serenadnz and @malul00 (I apologise if I missed anyone out on that list, comment on this and I'll add you to my list of thanks on the next chapter).

I would finally like to give a special thanks to the following person for following me (since the last chapter): @serenadnz (I apologise if I missed anyone out on that list, comment on this and I'll add you to my list of thanks on the next chapter).

Eh I don't really like this chapter, it's written horribly and it's so short compared to the previous one lol... so many promises 👀

Anyways, thanks and remember to keep voting, commenting and following. Love you all :)