𝙓𝙓𝙑𝙄𝙄𝙄 - 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣𝙩

281 A.C.
King's Landing

"Why are you here?" Ashara growled at the lioness.

Cersei sat down. "Even though my father has stepped down as the Hand, I am to stay in King's Landing."

Janna groaned loudly. "Gods sake, I am only here for a short while and this is how I am to spend my final few sennights."

"Now, now.  Cersei is a guest here in King's Landing, we must treat her with respect." Leia said.

For the first time, Cersei was speechless.  What was she to say? The Princess was being kind to her.

"I- thank you, your Grace."

Leia bowed her head to Cersei, acknowledging her words. "Now, onto more pressing matters.  Do I need to make any arrangements as for your departure?"

"No, we will be leaving after the tourney is finished, with the necessary houses." Lyanna said and Leia nodded.

"Cersei, as I am soon becoming short of ladies in waiting, would you... make a list of all the ladies in the realm, who would be suitable." Leia said with a smile.

Cersei was clearly annoyed, and stormed off with as little as "Of course, your Grace."

"Catelyn, go with her." Leia whispered. The Tully stood up and trailed behind the Lannister.

"What are you playing at?" Elia asked, after Cersei was no longer in sight.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." She took a sip of her wine. When she placed her goblet back down, she saw them all still staring at her.

"If she thought I was going to ask her to become one of my ladies in waiting, she is more insane than I thought."

"YOU WANT ME TO WHAT?" Leia threw a cushion at him. Rhaegar caught it though.

"It sounds dumb right now."

"YOU'RE RIGHT! EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID RECENTLY IS DUMB!" She threw another cushion at him, this time it hit him in the face.

"It was just a suggestion."

"One which I declined respectfully and you continued to hinder me on the subject." Another cushion came his way, but he jumped out of the way.

"I'm sorry, I thought it would be suitable."

"You thought wrong then clearly." She fell onto the bed with a sigh. "What in the seven hells made you think that Cersei would be a suitable lady in waiting?"

"Catelyn said that you were looking for more ladies in waiting." Rhaegar walked over to the bed and sat next to her.

Leia sighed again. "I am... just not her, please." Rhaegar nodded. "You seem quiet, is there something you want to tell me?" Leia asked, after a while.

"Ser Harlan Grandison recently died." Leia sat up. "They said that he passed peacefully in his sleep."

"Well that's good." Leia said with a weak smile, Rhaegar looked at her confused. "Not that he is dead." She said laughing. "Who will take his place?"

"I have no idea." Rhaegar shrugged and Leia raised her eyebrow at him. "Ok, father thinks Jaime Lannister should join the Kingsguard."

"What? That man is truly insane." She said shaking her head. "His relationship with Tywin is already strained, if he does this it will sever any sort of connection they ever had."

"That is what we all said at the small council meeting, but he still does not listen." Rhaegar said, agreeing with his wife.