𝙓𝙓𝙑 - 𝙁𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧

281 A.C.
King's Landing

"It smells disgusting." Leia said cringing away from the pigeon pie. She pushed the fork of pie away from herself.

Rhaegar and Leia were currently sitting on their bed and eating. It was a collation of pigeon pies, pastries, honeyed duck, fresh bread, and dishes of peas and onions.

"I won't lie, it is pretty bad." Rhaegar said laughing, whilst pushing the plate away. "Maybe some duck?" He asked her.

She shook her head. "Nope.  I can't stand it." She said, flinging her arms in the air.

"Hey, hey, hey." He put his hands on her arms. "What is the matter?" She met his eyes. "You love duck."

"You are right. I love duck. Give me it." Leia said, holding her hand out. Rhaegar passed her the duck, and she looked at it warily. Leia took a deep breath and picked up a forkful of duck, and put it into her mouth.

"See! You like it." Rhaegar said smiling. Leia nodded but didn't say anything. "Why is your mouth still full?" He asked frowning. She pulled a weird face and keeled over the side of the bed.

Rhaegar jumped to her side, and saw her vomiting into the chamber pot. He didn't know what to do, so he just patted her back.

Suddenly, the door flung open. Rhaegar looked up and saw Lyanna with Janna standing there. They came running to Leia's aid.

"Go get Grand Maester Pycelle." Janna said sternly. Rhaegar gave her a confused look. "For gods sake Rhaegar, go get the maester. Preferably before your wife throws up her viscera."

Rhaegar ran out of the room. Leia wiped her face. "Are you feeling ok?" Janna asked worriedly.

Leia glared at her. "Do you mean before or after I regorged all of the food I consumed this week?"

"Wow, I thought I was the sarcastic one." Janna said.

"Aye, you are. But that was a dumb question." Lyanna replied. They all laughed.

The door opened again. Ashara, Elia and Catelyn ran in, to Leia's side. She was sat on the bed, with all her ladies in waiting surrounding her.

"Oh my god! Are you ok? Rhaegar said you were not feeling well. I mean, it must be bad if Pycelle is coming—" Catelyn blurted out.

"Ahem. I have been summoned to examine the Princess." Pycelle said from the door.

"Way to go Catelyn." Ashara whispered.

"Ok, so examine her." Elia said, crossing her arms and leaning back against the bed.

"Alone. That goes for you too, your Grace." Pycelle said to Rhaegar, who had left his side, to make sure his wife was ok.

"No, I refuse." Rhaegar said, looking away from his wife for a second. "And before you say anything else, examine her."

The old man sighed. "Very well. They," gesturing to her ladies in waiting, "must go."

"They are standing right here." Ashara said, pointing between themselves. "And, you go." She said, crossing her arms.

"It's ok. I'll meet you all later." Leia said, giving a weak smile. They all turned and looked at the weak Princess. Elia nodded and stood up. She pushed the rest of them out.

"The good news is that she has not got a terminal illness." Pycelle said. Rhaegar moved his hands forward, gesturing for Pycelle to hurry up and continue. "The Princess is pregnant, congratulations." He said monotonously. Pycelle left the room straight after.