𝙓𝙓𝙓𝙑𝙄𝙄 - 𝘿𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜

283 A.C.
King's Landing

"Here are their bodies." Tywin said, gesturing to the crimson cloak on the floor. "As a token of my fealty."

Ned looked at their bodies in disgust. He had seen their bodies without the pretty cloaks, and to be honest, it had been a gruesome sight.

Whilst, Rhayria's body is somewhat recognisable, Aecerys was a faceless horror of bone and brain and gore. It was a disturbing sight.

"Dragonspawn." Robert hissed from the Iron Throne.

Tywin laughed at Robert's words. "Yes, dragonspawn."

"Lord Tywin," Robert said, "how am I to believe that the babe's body is truly one of dragonspawn?"

"You must believe me, I have no reason to lie. This is Aecerys Targaryen." Tywin said, trying to convince Robert.

Robert sighed and leant forward in the throne, in an attempt to see the babe's body clearer. "Ok.  Get them out of my sight." He waved his hand around to dismiss him.

It didn't take a maester to see that Tywin was irritated with the abrupt and quite frankly, rude dismissal.  But, with a tight lip, he left the Throne Room.

Robert dismissed the court alongside Tywin, so that only a selected few remained in the Throne Room.

"Robert, their murders are unjustified. They were just children." Ned said.

"Their deaths were justified. They are born of dragonspawn, so they had to die." He said.  Ned sighed, why must he be so stubborn?

"Do you find some sort of satisfaction out of young children dying brutally?" Ned hissed at him.

"Eddard, enough." Jon Arryn interrupted. "Robert is now King, you cannot interfere with his decisions."

Ned shook his head and let out a small laugh.  He bit his lip to refrain from truly ruining his friendship. "That is true, Ned.  I am King.  You are only here to offer counsel."

"If I am only here to offer counsel, I will tell you this.  Jaime Lannister deserves to be stripped of his white cloak and sent to the Wall."

"He killed the mad king, why would I punish him?"

"I think we should pardon all of the small council."

Ned rolled his eyes and started to walk down the steps to the Throne Room doors. "NED! Where do you think you are going?"

Ned turned around and walked back a few paces. "Back home. Or at least eventually. There's been a problem at Stormsend. But I will not return. I do not wish to counsel an absent-minded king." He said angrily, and stormed out of the hall, slamming the door behind himself.

"EDDARD!" Jon Arryn's voice echoed through the hall, with no response.

Leia blinked a few times, and lifted her head to look around. Ashara was asleep next to her, but had been restrained to the bed with iron fastening secured around her wrists and ankles.

Leia went to lift her hand to remove them from Ashara, but noticed she also bore the same fastenings. She sighed and fell back down to the bed.

That was when Leia remembered everything from last night. Or was it over a sennight ago? However, the memories were haunting her.

Rhayria's perforated body. Aecerys' severely disfigured face. Elia's limp corpse. Aerys was dead. She did not how, except from that he had been slain by Jaime.

Arthur, Oswell, Gerold and... her father. They were all killed trying to protect herself and Ashara.

Leia and Ashara had been hiding in a cupboard in the room, and had heard the entire conversation between her now-dead friends... and Ned.

Eddard had killed them. Rage boiled up inside of her. He killed her father and friends. Was he now King? Or was Robert?

That was when Leia also remembered that Eddard had fought on the Trident. He could of saved Rhaegar. She would never forgive him for the deaths of her closest ones.

Ashara stirred and opened her eyes. They widened as she took note of the manacles around her wrists and ankles. She looked at Leia, who shook her head not to speak. If anyone was outside, they would hear that they were awake.

Suddenly, the door begun to rattle. Someone was coming in. They both closed their eyes. Leia prayed they would not stay long. Alas, the gods didn't hear her prayers.

A large weight sat on the bed, next to Leia. It then put their huge hand on her cheek, and wiped away her tears. Leia shivered under the touch.

"I am so sorry for this." Leia recognised the voice — Robert. She wanted to shake his hand free of her face. It made her feel disgusting. "But I am King now, you can be my Queen. Like you always wanted to be."

Leia inwardly rolled her eyes. She didn't want to be his Queen. She wanted to be with Rhaegar, and if that meant being Queen, then she would. Her mind went to the unborn child in her womb.

"I hope you say yes to my proposal. I want to marry you. I don't want anyone else."

Leia thought, for the first time, what life would be like with Robert. Albeit, she did not love him, and she will never. But her child. She did want for them to be on the run, and the only way they would survive, is if she became Queen.

Leia opened her eyes and fluttered her eyelashes at the brute in front of her. "I will marry you."

I would like to give a special thanks to the following people for voting (since the last chapter): @Timeless23 , @CasieMacRae , @Rosa83091 , @BisReichKomme , @tyishab1 , @NephilimLatina , @magie_rolat and @AnushkaGoswami9 (I apologise if I missed anyone out on that list, comment on this and I'll add you to my list of thanks on the next chapter).

Ok, ok, trust the process lol.

Anyways, thanks and remember to keep voting, commenting and following.  Love you all :)