𝙄𝙄 - 𝙎𝙚𝙥𝙩 𝘿𝙧𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙠

260 A.C.

A sept. A place of prayer. A place of worship. A place of peace. A place of reform. Or in this case, the place where Lyria Velaryon's water broke.

Unfortunately for her, her babe was not a patient one, and in doing so, found the maester of being in the uncomfortable position of running a long distance to assist in the Lady's birth.

The pain was unbearable. Why did no one tell her childbirth was painful? Oh wait, they did. Gods, she was stubborn and stupid. How could she think having a child would be worth all this pain? This babe better be the Seven Gods themselves into one.

After what felt like a millennia, the maester came rushing to her side.  She had barely noticed his arrival and decided to focus on the task at hand — pushing.  She pushed, and pushed, and pushed.

Yet to her despair, Fosse uttered "You are going to have to push harder, my Lady."

She wanted to burst into tears.  Why was this child clinging onto her remaining organs so helplessly? However, she was not about to allow this child to stay inside her forever, so she pushed again, and again, until she felt no more pain.

No cries came.  Was she numb?

"It's a healthy girl, my Lady."

As if one cue, her Lord husband came rushing to her aid.

"Are you alright? Is the babe alright? Was it a boy or a girl?"

She laughed at his eagerness.

"I'm fine.  The baby is fine.  And the baby is a girl."

Any other Lord or Lady would be ashamed that their firstborn child was a girl, but it did not matter to them.  For they loved each other, and their love would be shared with their child.

"So, what shall we name her?"

The maester has placed the babe in her arms.  She looked so peaceful and was now deep in slumber in her mother's arms.  It was clear that the babe was of Valyrian descent — silver tufts of hair covered her head.  The child had fallen asleep before they got a look at the shade of purple of her eyes.

"Leia." Her husband looked at her with confusion evident across his face. "We shall call her Leia.  Lady Leia of House Velaryon."

Haha ok so this one is short too.. I'm sorry!  I promise, the chapters will get longer from now on.  It's just not that fun writing about the characters being born lol.  To be honest, I just want the story to begin.  Anyways, love you all :)