𝙓𝙓𝙓𝙄𝙓 - 𝙎𝙚𝙖 𝘿𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙤𝙣

283 A.C.
King's Landing

"MOVE!" A voice shouted from behind the door.

The chamber door burst open, and Robert stormed in. He glared at Leia, who was sitting in a chair. She held Ashara's hand, who was solely focused on the madman.

Robert stalked towards Leia. Ashara stood up, in his way, before he did something he would regret.

"Out of my way." Robert said annoyed.

"No." Ashara replied confidently.

"Move." He hissed at the Dornish woman.

"Calm down." She hissed back at him.  He gave her another annoyed glare and sat down.  Ashara kept her eyes on him as he took a seat. "Leia is pregnant." She said, whilst also taking a seat.

"Oh really?" Robert asked sarcastically.

"Robert." Leia said through gritted teeth.

The King took a deep breath and leant over the table.  He took Leia's hands in his own. "What do you need?"

"It's not like you would know, since you've already had a son or something." Ashara said, rolling her eyes.  When Robert and Leia were staring at her, she laughed. "You really don't know?" They both didn't say anything. "Ok, I'm sorry." Ashara said smiling.

Leia rolled her eyes, and looked back at Robert. "Don't destroy the realm while I am bedridden, ok?" She said with a smile.  He laughed and nodded.

"I promise." Leia felt her breath hitch at his words.  It had been a few moons since she had heard words similar to those.

Her heart had been broken when the last promise had been broken. "Leia?" A hand lifted her face.

Leia saw Rhaegar's face.  He was still as handsome as she remembered.  His hair flowed like before, and his eyes still held the same amount of life.

That was when she realised she was dreaming.  Leia blinked a few times, and Rhaegar's face blurred into Robert's. "I'm fine." She muttered with a small smile.

Ashara and Robert both looked worried, but he stood up and kissed her forehead.  He walked out of the room, and shut the door behind himself.

"Are you ok?" Ashara asked, after a few minutes.

Leia nodded. "I just feel awful for lying."

Ashara shook her head. "Don't.  He is the reason why we lost everyone."

283 A.C.
Stormsend

"What is with men and wanting their children to be born elsewhere?" Leia groaned.

Robert had asked that Leia was to be taken to Stormsend to give birth.  She had been taken in a carriage, something she had always hated riding in.

Yes, Leia had ridden in a carriage many times, but that was because she had people around her to distract her.  She also didn't want to pester Rhaegar.

But, this time it was worse than the seven hells.  With only Ashara as accompaniment, the carriage was dastardly.

Ashara laughed and pulled the coverlet over Leia's heavily-pregnant body. "You didn't complain this much before." She said, raising her eyebrow.

"He didn't leave it until the last moon." Leia replied, gritting her teeth in pain.

Someone knocked on the door, before her friend could give an answer.  Ashara walked over to the door and opened it. "Who are you?"

"The maester, my Lady." A croaky voice answered.  Leia could tell he was old, especially as he entered.  The maester could not walk in a straight line, with his withered posture.

He walked over to the table, and placed some items down.  The maester hobbled over to Leia.

"I shall be delivering your child today." He mumbled.  Leia let out a small, fake laugh, and waved him away.

"Ashara." Leia moaned out.  Her friend walked over and laughed.  She sat down next to the Queen.

"Yes, your Grace." She said sarcastically.  Leia let out a genuine laugh, but it immediately ceased as another wave of pain hit her.  She pushed her head against the cushion as she let out a cry of pain.

Ashara held her hand, to help. "Is it over?" Leia asked.  A concoction of sweat and tears ran down her face.  Ashara was barely stifling a laugh.

"Unfortunately not." The maester muttered. "You are going to have to push harder, your Grace."

Leia bit her lip, until they bled.  She was in extreme pain, as she pushed harder.  Leia had never felt this much pain when she had Rhayria and Aecerys.

Leia felt as though she was going to pass out, as a small cry silenced the room. "It is a boy, your Grace."

Leia felt tears running down her face. Though, they were happiness. She held her arms outstretched in front of her. "Give him to me." She commanded.

The maester shuffled over, and placed the small bundle into her arms. Leia looked at her little boy. He had bright silver hair, with piercing eyes.

Leia felt mesmerised to them. They were unlike her other children.  His eyes were of a light indigo, with icy blue flecks and silver reflections.

Anyone who didn't know, would think that he was most definitely Robert's child.  But even with his almost-blue eyes, Leia could see Rhaegar's features.

Leia held him close to her body, and more tears fell down her cheeks.  The babe began to cry, and she shushed him.

The Queen rocked him in her arms as she hummed a song to him. "It's ok, darling.  Mama is here.  Mama will always be here." She hesitated for a moment. "I promise."

"Leia." Ashara placed a hand on her arm. "I don't mean to interrupt, but can I see him?"

Leia laughed. "Of course."

Ashara stared at the child in awe. "I've always wanted a child." She whispered.

"You can't take him." Leia said laughing.

"I might." Ashara said also laughing.  It faltered for a second, as she took a breath. "I have had miscarriages in the past."

"What?" Leia sat up slightly in bed, ignoring the pain. "Why did you never say?"

"I hoped that one day, I would have a child of my own, and it wouldn't matter.  Because they would be mine, and that's all that matters." Ashara said quietly, a tear falling down onto the floor.

She quickly wiped it away, and smiled. "What do you want to call him?"

"Rhaecys." Ashara looked up at her, and raised her eyebrow. "So that he will remind me of Rhayria and Aecerys." Leia said with a sad smile.

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  We have hit 5.5K views 🥳!.. I cannot thank you guys enough xx

I would like to give a special thanks to the following people for voting (since the last chapter): @Blackjak2812 , @tyishab1 , @magie_rolat , @AnushkaGoswami9 , @CasieMacRae and @NephilimLatina (I apologise if I missed anyone out on that list, comment on this and I'll add you to my list of thanks on the next chapter).

I would also like to give a special thanks to the following people for adding my book to their libraries (since the last chapter): @wandanahirls and elizabetab09 (I apologise if I missed anyone out on that list, comment on this and I'll add you to my list of thanks on the next chapter).

He's born 🥺

Anyways, thanks and remember to keep voting, commenting and following.  Love you all :)