𝙓𝙓𝙓𝙑 - 𝙈𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚

283 A.C.
King's Landing

Leia had felt numb and empty when Rhaegar had left. She didn't understand how much it had hurt the children when she isolated herself after Brandon's death.

Leia was sat in the hall, with Rhayria sat next to her, and Aecerys on her lap. Viserys was sat next to Rhayria, next to his father. Rhaella had been bedridden following her sickness.

Leia had also felt ill, but the King had ordered her to sit in court. She did her best to maintain a Princess-worthy smile, but she could feel it faltering at times. The absence of her love had made her feel weak.

"Your Grace, do you really think it is a good idea to fill King's Landing with wildfire? Rhaegar is fighting Robert as we speak. He may of even won."

Leia could feel her façade cracking at the very mention of her husband.

"Whether my heir has actually won or not is no concern. We will burn everyone if they try to take my throne." Aerys said.

Leia looked at the madman in shock.

"When we kill Robert, it won't be necessary. I don't think we need to kill all the smallfolk and your family." Lord Qarlton said.

"Your right. Rossart." The advisor stood forward. "Organise for my wife and son to be sent to Dragonstone."

"What of Rhaegar's family? The smallfolk." Leia looked at Aerys, wishing that he would at least spare her children.

"They can burn." She felt her heart drop, and the court fell silent.

"Your Grace—" Chelsted tried to plea.

"Burn him." Aerys pointed at the Hand, stood in the centre of the hall.

The Kingsguard grabbed the Hand and strung him on the apparatus, which has held many people prior.  It once held Lord Rickard Stark.

Leia could feel her breathing turn erratic.  She couldn't control herself.  All she could think about Rickard and Brandon.

She didn't realise she was hallucinating until a small hand was placed on her arm. Leia blinked a few times and saw Rhayria looking up at her for comfort.

Leia hugged Rhayria, Viserys and Aecerys close.  The screaming of the Hand was deafening.  Leia hummed quietly to distract the children.

Leia swallowed down her disgust as she could smell the cooked flesh. She looked up and watched as the Kingsguard took the burnt body of Qarlton out of the Throne Room.

"Rossart." The King's voice bellowed out.

The advisor of the crown stepped forward. "In light of the former Hand's failure, I have now named you Hand of the Seven Kingdoms."

The court remained in silence as they were all dismissed. Leia made her way out of the Throne Room quickly.

In one arm, she held Aecerys. In front of her, were Viserys and Rhayria. They ran out, all the way until they reached their chambers.

Leia kissed them all on the forehead, and watched as they walked into the room. She ran back to her chambers, and only just made it to the chamber pot.

Leia felt as though she had emptied all of the contents of her gut. She sat back and wiped her face. It didn't take a maester this time, to know, that she was pregnant.

This very thought brought a smile to her face. She couldn't wait for Rhaegar to return and to tell him the news. They would be one big family. Now and forever.

"Take care of yourself, Rhaella." Leia said with a sad smile. She turned to Viserys. "And you make sure to look after your mother," she crouched down and whispered into his ear, "and your sibling."