37.

"Sometimes we refuse to see how bad something is until it completely destroy us." ― Unknown

"If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello." ― Paulo Coelho

"Prince Charming turned out to be just an accurate description of a psychopath." ― J.S. Wolfe

"Must be love on the brain
And it keeps cursing my name (cursing my name)
No matter what I do
I'm no good without you
And I can't get enough"
- Love on the brain - Rihanna

Chapter 37

The route I went through countless times with Mateo was in full force once again. It wasn't even Déjà vu that I was experiencing, but a precisely learned principle of behavior and movement. At one point, I even wondered if the neighbors were starting to get suspicious or if they were already used to the way Mateo would angrily drag me back to the apartment. Truthfully, even if the latter was the case, none of them had the courage or will to confront him. I know I wouldn't.

It wasn't long since Mateo dragged me from the hospital to the building where we lived. The speed at which he was driving significantly exceeded the maximum limit. The fact that I wasn't even afraid that something could happen to us was borderline insane. I had found myself in that situation too many times, it would be odd if that wasn't the case. I wanted to truly laugh, with a slight hysteria added as a cherry on top.

He practically threw me on the couch in the living room. That was yet another thing he seemingly enjoyed doing. Maybe I should have asked him about his fetishes before I got into any kind of relationship with him. If I was thinking straight at the time, many things would have been different, but alas, that was obviously not my strong point.

"Mateo, do you understand what you did?" I first tried to address him calmly, hoping that I would somehow get to him. It was mad that I was hoping for something like that at all. Somewhere in my subconscious, I wondered why I was going to already lost battles, even though I knew better. A question I will never get an answer to.

"What did I do?!" He looked at me indignantly, in disbelief that I even dared to ask him something like that. "And what was I supposed to do? Watch him touch you? " He shot me a look and crossed his arms.

His firm, toned body, which stood upright in front of my much smaller one, radiated dominance and heat. However, I did not allow myself to show in what different ways it affected me. However, judging by his sharp eyes and a noticeable reflection of pleasure, I did not succeed.

"Firstly, it was just a friendly hug and we needed it. Secondly, he is your best friend, what are you even thinking about in that head of yours?!"

"I don't care, you can only hug and touch me and me only," he emphasized the last word, wanting to make me understand how serious he was if I had any doubts.

"Mateo, I hug my friends all the time. I don't understand what all the fuss is about. His fiancée died only a few days ago, his son is fighting for his life, and he-" I tried to explain, in a slightly trembling voice, the memories of Hannah still fresh in my mind. Still, he interrupted me, not caring to hear the rest of what I had to say.

"I don't care, you can't hug them anymore," he said firmly and immediately sat down next to me, thus trying to explain the point.

"You're not normal," I told him seriously, shaking my head. "What about the baby?"

"What about the baby?" He asked me in confusion.

"Mateo, you know what Hannah asked me before..." I couldn't say. I wondered if I would ever be able to.