15.

"All men live with fear."

George R.R. Martin

"Love is poison. A sweet poison, yes, but it will kill you all the same."

George R.R. Martin

If something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Emma Granholm

Chapter 15

"Let's go there!" I excitedly pulled Mateo by the sleeve of his leather jacket and impatiently pointed with my other hand in the direction of the huge, flashy sign that read Crazy Cars. He was obviously emotionally attached to that piece of clothing seeing as he wore it whenever we went out.

Mateo looked at me in confusion. We had just arrived and I had already started acting like a little child that had never seen the interesting rides.

"Hell no!" He said firmly and folded his arms across his chest

"But why?" I protested, pursing my lips. I hoped that that could help me.

"Tara, baby," he began, "I really want to get out of here alive, and with you in that car I don't think I will succeed in that mission." I wanted to offer him to sit in the driver's seat, but I quickly dismissed that idea.

It's not equally fun when you're the one driving and when you're just a passenger. I wanted to be the one in charge and he obviously knew that.

"But these are electric cars with maximum protection. The operator can literally stop the car at any moment. Besides, you know I can't drive outside of the metal floor area. It's completely safe and as you can see, children are driving too. It is practically impossible to get hurt," I said, trying to convince him.

"You'll find a way," he gave me a pointed look. Probably, but that's beside the point.

I knew I had no choice but to use the most powerful weapon women have - tears. For some reason, I had almost always gotten whatever I wanted when I had played that card. Men were weak when it came to crying women.

I looked at him with such sadness people would think someone close to me died. It took me a lot of effort, but I managed to make myself cry. My eyes started crystallizing and my lips began to tremble.

Mateo looked at me with a horrified expression and with eyes wide open. I could see the urgency and fear on his face. If I wasn't as determined to play the part till the very end, I would've burst out laughing at that scene. Such a big, powerful man was afraid of a woman with tears in her eyes. I couldn't deny that the whole thing was hilarious.

"Please don't cry, we'll go wherever you want!" He sounded so worried and terrified it made me feel guilty for a moment. Fortunately, that only lasted for a second or two. He cupped my cheeks with his strong, rough hands and started wiping my tears away, all the while desperately trying to calm me down.

As soon as I officially got his consent, I removed his hands from my face and wiped my tears myself. I couldn't help but smile in the process.

"Great, let's go now," I winked at him and moments later, I was on my way towards the ride, dragging him with me. I previously stole a quick glance at him and watched his reaction. He looked more than confused and surprised like he couldn't believe that I had tricked him like that.

"You're unbelievable." He needed a few moments to recover. He was obviously annoyed, but clearly not enough to stop me from going where I intended to. He was, generally, someone who kept his word regardless of consequences.