18.

Love blinds more than it reveals

― Rick Yancey

Friendship is not chosen, it happens, who knows why, like love

― Mesa Selimovic

Old friendships are more than love, because they are part of us

― Mesa Selimovic

Chapter 18

"Tara, play with us!" Emma's loud voice stopped me from drifting off to the dreamland. I opened my eyes angrily and looked in her direction.

"Seriously? I was trying to sleep."

"You're no fun. Did you come here to actually have fun or sleep?" she asked me with a smile. I rolled my eyes and scanned my surroundings. I was sitting next to Sarah, on the window seat. She was busy shuffling a deck of cards, probably for the game they were planning to play. Victor and Luke were sitting on the seats in front of ours and Stephan and the black-haired boy I didn't know in front of Emma and Lena. They made something that should represent a table out of several suitcases and placed it between seats.

"I really appreciate your effort, but how are we even supposed to play? There's little to no room, I would have to stand up every now and then to put my cards on that thing."

"Is it even possible to be that lazy?" Emma asked me and I just shrugged.

"You can sit on my lap," Sarah mumbled, still way too much occupied with her cards.

"I'm literally heavier than you," I said, rolling my eyes.

"That doesn't mean you're stronger," she pointed out.

"She's not wrong," Emma sniggered with triumph.

"I'd be offended, but It's true," I said, amused by the whole situation. Immediately after that, I put my legs on Sarah's and my hands around her neck, trying to sit on her lap that way. She watched my unsuccessful attempts with a smug expression, eventually deciding to help me out and save me from my misery. She wrapped her arms around my waist, lifted me up a little and placed me in her lap. I leaned against her chest and put my head on her shoulder as she went back to shuffling the cards. What kind of obsession is that anyway?

"You're unbelievable," Victor burst out laughing. Next to him, Luke rolled his eyes but with a visible smile on his face, showing how amused he was by my actions.

"How did I even endure being in a relationship with you for a year?" Stephan chimed in on the conversation. I snorted so loudly I almost woke up his roommate. However, it seemed like I wasn't as successful when it came to Lena who just got up from her seat and with a sour expression walked somewhere in the front of a bus. I looked at Emma who only shrugged seeing as everyone was tired of Lena's behavior. However, I didn't let it spoil my mood and I looked back at Stephan.

"It was the best thing that has ever happened to you, admit it," I said arrogantly to which he rolled his eyes.

"Sure," he said sarcastically and I stuck out my tongue.

"How old are you?" Victor asked me, trying to sound serious.

"I'll be 6 in a week, why?" I countered in the same way.

"As I said, unbelievable."

-

"Not fair, you're cheating!" I yelled after losing for the third consecutive time. I crossed my arms and stood up from Sarah's lap, returning to my seat. All five of them burst out laughing at my immature behavior, which made me even more annoyed. At that point, I could have hurt them all.