1.

"Your greatest enemy will hide in the last place you will ever look." – Caesar

Chapter 1

It didn't take us long to get to the club. Even though it was located on the outskirts of town, Dionis was pretty popular, but not really safe. It had been raided by the police numerous times in the past, mostly due to the well-known fact that many drug dealers did their business there, among other things. To be fair, it was not like that was the only place in town where they operated, you could easily change the name of the city to Narcotown, and no one would even bat an eye, considering that nothing had ever been done to prevent those criminals from running their businesses

We paid for the ride and exited the vehicle. A wave of cold air hit my body and almost made me run after a cab, ready to go home. I thought I was about to die of hypothermia, which wouldn't even be that strange seeing as it was February and I was wearing typical short black dress paired with thigh-high boots that gave me no warmth at all.

Slowly, we came closer to the entrance of the club. Two strong-build men checked our IDs and let us in. I was confused because that was the first time we had to go through any kind of procedure.

 I should really reconsider my decision as soon as possible, preferably right now. 

Nevertheless, the four of us only exchanged glances and, with insecure steps, entered the club.

To start the night, we ordered shots of tequila. What Lena said earlier was nothing but the truth, I wasn't big alcohol fan, I had never really liked the taste of it, but there were times I let myself loose and drink a little. I guess this was one of those nights.

The moment Sarah and Emma finished their drinks, we went to the dance floor. Our form of dancing was a bit provocative. I loved the effect I had on people watching me but I wasn't really sure that I would be able to dance like that with a stranger, or anyone other than Emma for that matter. More often than not she was my partner-in-crime. I could only imagine the things people were thinking when they noticed us dancing that way. The content was definitely explicit, but we've never crossed boundaries. However, this time it was like there were almost no stares coming our way at all, and it wasn't so hard to understand why. Most girls were exactly like us, carefree and living their best life.

I think I'm starting to like this place. I thought

The night was in full swing when, suddenly, I felt someone put their arms around my waist. Utterly confused, I turned around and saw a pair of intense blue eyes looking directly into mine. I needed a moment to realize who that person was, and then it hit me. Luke, my university classmate. Very annoying university classmate. I smiled at him and was about to say Hi but I was rudely interrupted, once again. A moment later, I found myself praying for oxygen, as I was engulfed in a bear hug.

"Girls, we missed you!" I smiled as I realized who the potential killer was and immediately returned the hug. Victor, another one of my classmates. A little less annoying classmate.

"I can't say the same, but it was nice seeing you," I winked at him, but I doubted he even heard me, he was rather occupied as he was hugging Emma with such intimacy and gentleness it felt like the rest of us were interrupting something magical.

Victor and Emma  used to be high-school sweethearts. However, things didn't go as planned. We were sure that they still had feelings for each other, but they kept on denying it.

Suddenly, as I was watching lovebirds in action, I had this intense feeling that someone was watching me. I thought that that was just a cliché thing that only happened in books, but it felt pretty real to me. I couldn't tell where it came from, and that fact made my anxiety grow even more. The feeling was too strong.