11.

"I burned by bridges so the devil couldn't follow me."

― L.M. Browning

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."

― Mark Twain

Chapter 11

"No way!" - Emma yelled in disbelief when I finished the sentence.

After we were done with classes for the day, the four of us went to the coffee shop that was located near our university, so we could spend some time together. It's been almost a week since we last saw each other and we were more than eager to finally catch up. We did text and facetimed, but we were too busy to actually meet in person. They've already started studying, and me? Well, I was too occupied with my boyfriend and I felt terrible because I ditched them in a way. Only now did I manage to tell them what had happened over the weekend, obviously leaving a minor detail that was successfully covered with my makeup. I couldn't talk about it yet, not even with them,

"Yeah, everything is possible when it comes to my father," I said annoyed with the whole situation.

"What does he think what century we live in, 15th?" I couldn't help but laugh hearing Sarah say that, she was way too cute when she was pissed.

"Those things had happened after that point in time, you know?" Lena remarked earning a confused look from both Emma and me. She wasn't the type to provoke people. Sarah just ignored her and carried on with her talk.

"Wait, so what, he expects you to marry that guy in the future, or?"

"He didn't emphasize it, but I'm not stupid. I know how their business world works." I rolled my eyes.

"That's sick," Emma commented.

"Right? I don't even know him!" I threw my hands in despair.

"I do and I don't really have anything nice to say about him," Sarah said with venom in her voice.

"I would be surprised if you didn't know him," Lena murmured but Sarah ignored her yet again. I frowned, something was definitely off with them and I have to find out what had happened.

"What was your new boyfriend's reaction to all this?" Sarah asked me and gave me a pointed look. I just rolled my eyes, aware of what she was implying.

"I sort of, might of, left out that particular detail," I said suddenly feeling nervous, looking away from their judgmental eyes.

"Tara!" Lena screamed at me and two other girls looked at me in disbelief.

"What?" I batted my eyelashes faster than usual, trying to seem innocent.

"Don't even try that with me! You just got together and you are already lying to him, that's not cool," I rolled my eyes yet again.

"I'm not lying, I just didn't tell him the whole truth." They immediately gave me a pointed look. "But I'm not! That's not a lie. The lie would be if I told him that something that had clearly happened, hadn't really happened," I kept on defending myself, but it didn't seem to work.

"That doesn't make it okay," I didn't know the reason why, but Lena was rather blunt today.

"If you actually met him, you wouldn't think that, trust me," I told her sincerely.

"That is a fact, though, the guy is terrifying," Emma said.

"Yeah, even I was a bit scared of him," Sarah stated which made Emma and me laugh.

"You don't say! He scared you?" Lena went on and on but at that point, all three of us chose to ignore her.

"Your decision to not tell him will come back to bite you in the ass, T, I'm positive."