2.

"When love is bloody like that, it's hard to remember what love really is."
― Megan D. Martin,

Chapter 2

I could feel bright sun rays trying to wake me up from the best thing known to humankind –sleep. I slowly opened my eyes, cursing myself for not closing the curtains the night before, so I wouldn't be rudely kept from getting my beauty sleep. This wasn't even the first time, I would always forget to do it. I could swear I was being sabotaged.

A throbbing headache made me get up from my comfy and warm bed. I raised my hand to put pressure on my forehead hoping it would ease the pain, but it was all in vain. I felt like someone stabbed me with a stick.

Suddenly, it was like thousands of pictures were put in my brain, I remembered everything that happened last night, and I shuddered at a mere thought of one particular man.

His dark eyes were so enchanting that I wondered if he was even human. Never in my life had a guy made such an impression on me. His unique beauty wasn't even the sole reason for that, his whole demeanor was surreal. His stance and posture screamed dominance and you didn't have to think twice before you come to the conclusion that the best thing you could do is submit to him. I was lured by that and I didn't even mind, no matter how wrong it was.

I wondered how would it feel to be claimed by this man. I had never met anyone similar to him. My past relationships were mostly short-lived, the only serious one was with my last boyfriend, Stephan. But something told me that everything would be different from that dark and mysterious man.

Faint sound I could hardly even hear brought me back to reality. I tried to grab my phone from my nightstand, but that was quite impossible, considering that it wasn't even there in the first place.

Confused, I looked around me in a desperate attempt to find it. My room was surprisingly pretty clean. Clothes from last night were neatly folded on a chair next to the desk, it was almost like nothing was out of place. The walls in my room were painted in warm cream color. On one wall I had put led lights with clips and hung some of my favorite pictures of me with my friends. That was the happy place that had never let me feel lonely.

I looked down and quickly spotted device that increased the pain In my head with its constant ringing.

How did it even get there?  I wondered.

Annoyed, I got off my bed and hurriedly went to the middle of the room where the damn evil thing was still vibrating getting cozy lying on my fluffy white carpet. I could not understand how, whoever the person that had called me was, still hadn't given up.

Irritated, I took the phone in my hands and realized that my friends were waiting for me to turn it in in the video call. I didn't want to make them wait even longer, so I quickly pushed the button and answered.

"I know that you can't live without me, but could you let me sleep a bit more next time?" I asked them, the moment I entered the chat. I couldn't help but smile when they rolled their eyes in perfect sync.

"You give yourself too much credit." Sarah bit back. I blew her a kiss, which earned me another one of her eye-rolls

"You don't have to be ashamed, you know, it's totally fine, I get it, really." I winked at her

"Would you like to see me roll my eyes again, I can barely bear my current headache." I guess that a lot of people would think that we are fighting right now, but this is just the way we were around each other. Bickering brought us so much fun, no matter how absurd it seemed.

"Next time I will remind you to stop after the first round, don't worry," I smirked knowing I was winning this one.

"I hate the fact that you are not grumpy as the rest of us while hungover," she murmured