Chapter 2 | ... but L and his wife do

Standing at the doorway to a hotel room, the Kira taskforce, minus one who's walked out on them had met up. Today they met L, and found out if he was trustworthy or not.

"Remember what he said, no recording devices. No one has done do they?" Chief Yagami said.

A series of no's from the taskforce answered his question.

"Alright, then let's see who this L is"

Bringing up his hand, he knocked on the door. And after a moment there was a response.

"It's open, please let yourselves in" A rather flat voice was heard from behind the door.

Opening it, Yagami lead the small taskforce in. The first thing they noticed was the dim lighting. Deliberately set by the adjustable dial on the switch to be dark but light enough to work in.

At first they didn't see anyone, but after a moment seemingly out of nowhere as if a ghost had appeared before them a girl appeared around the corner.

It was you, of course. You wore long, silky black robes as if getting ready for bed, and fuzzy matching slippers. Immediately the taskforce were a bit confused. It was a boys voice they heard, and how a girl was standing before them?

Not just a girl but one with a very intimidating aura. Your stance was that of a bitch who ran the show and your gaze so fierce it could stop hearts.

"Welcome, Kira taskforce..." you spoke.

They were still silent, a bit off put by you.

"Darling! Your guests have arrived" you called out.

That got the taskforce talking.

"Darling? Is she with L?" Aizawa muttered under his breath.

"Who is this girl?" Mogi pondered.

"She's pretty... but so scary..." Matsuda added.

You smirked listening to their chatter, loving the confusion you caused. Before they could ponder further, around the corner stepped the man they'd come to see. And again, they were confused.

"I'm L" was all he said.

He looked so... different from what they expected.

He stood at roughly 5.10" but slouched taking off a few inches. His hair was jet black, and looked to be naturally puffy almost like the style they'd see on the young harajuku goths, his eyes were tired and baggy, but his gaze had the same sharpness as yours. Contrasting your black, he wore a plain white shirt and loose blue jeans. You and L seemed to match in a way, maybe it was the mysterious aura, maybe it was the colour palette, but you both held a certain strangeness.

"And this... is my wife, (y/n)" L added.

So you were his wife! That at least answered one question. The taskforce watched as you delicately held out a hand for L which he took and kissed the back of like you were some kind of powerful being.

Pushing the uneasy feeling they got from the two of you aside, Mr. Yagami pulled out his ID to introduce himself.

"I'm... Yagami of the NPA..." he began.

The others began to follow suit, and L gave you an already fed up look. Before they could finish properly, L pointed a finger gun at them and stated a simple 'bang!'

The confusion that radiated off them just got cranked up from that, and you snickered in reaction.

"W-what the hell was that?" Aizawa said.