Chapter 30 | haunted taskforce

You were exited today, finally you and the taskforce were moving into the headquarters. L had given you a lot of free reign in the design of it, and needless to say you went a bit nuts.

The entrance was rather boring since it was all security, but the rest of the building? You may or may not have added your personal touch to it.

"Uh- L how did you even get the money for this?" Matsuda asked, looking up at the hall building as L keyed into the security system.

"I'm the worlds greatest detective Matsuda, it pays well" L replied.

"R-right..."

Once you'd gotten everyone through security and explained how it worked, you lead them up a winding staircase exited to show them what you'd designed for the place. At the top of the stairs were two big doors made from dark wood and iron a padlock on it already unlocked from the last time you checked up on progress when it was being built.

"Ladies, Gentleman and out of the binary individuals I present to you... the finished taskforce building!" You smiled, pushing the big doors open and revealing the interior of the main room.

Two grand staircases ran along the walls and blow them was a large desk area with monitors all up the wall and computer systems on the desk. A red velvet claw foot couch and coffee table sat off to the side. The lights were coming from a bright chandelier and by the doors was a fail to adjust their brightness. The walls that weren't lined with computers were a dark grey and there was a window on one of them, heavy curtains pulled back to view the city below. In one of the corners was an elevator and next ti that a stairwell in case the elevator ever broke down.

"Darling, you have such an eye for design" L gave you a smile.

"That's why you could trust me with designing it" you replied.

The taskforce looked around not sure what to say. They expected more of an office, not a mansion.

"Woooahhh! This is so pretty I could totally do photo shoots in here!" Misa gasped.

You had a feeling she'd like it, you had similar tastes.

"The only rooms left blank are the bedrooms so you can all design it your own way" you replied.

"You gotta help me design mine because this is amazing!" Misa smiled.

It was kind of painful knowing Misa was the second Kira, because she and you had very similar tastes and interests and would get along very well.

"It's definitely... grand" Mr Yagami said.

"Very... uh... fancy..." Aizawa added.

"It does look a bit... haunted" Matsuda jumped in.

The taskforce looked like they were about to scold him, but were stopped when you turned to give him a smile.

"Why thank you!" You beamed.

They should have known, of course you'd take that as a compliment. They really should have expected that you and L would design something like this, it fit your vibe perfectly.

"Up the left staircase is a kitchen and dining area and up the right staircase is offices. Up the elevator leads to all the other floors including your personal floors, storage, empty rooms in case we get a bigger taskforce at some point, bathrooms, meeting rooms and so on. You'll find your floor number on the sticky note on your spot on the desk and you'll have a few days to move in completely. Those who are still living at home but staying some nights you still have your own floors. The very top floor is where you'll find stair cases to the rooftop" you explained.

Despite the haunted mansion vibe of the building being a bit spooky, the taskforce were rather impressed. Misa was practically jumping off the walls at his cool she found everything and Light... well he wasn't too pleased knowing the plan of having him chained by the ankle to certain rooms so he could be watched 24/7, so his mood wasn't even swayed by the grand taskforce building he'd be stuck in.

"Oh, and there's security cameras in every room expect one. So don't go thinking anyone can get away with anything suspicious" L added.

"Which to doesn't have them?" Matsuda asked.

"Ours" L replied in referral to you.

"What gives? You get privacy and we don't?" Light snarked.

You didn't like his attitude even after the memory loss. You gave him a sour glare.

"One, of course we'd be watching suspects. Two, why would we need cameras on us when we're the ones watching the footage? Hm?" You sassed.

Light stayed silent, but gave you an unimpressed look. Clearly you and him didn't get along.

"Maybe I should move things around for fun since no one can see me. Make them think it's really haunted" Ryuk laughed.

Maybe being in such a big building would mean he can occupy himself while he's following you rather than looking over your shoulder 24/7. You rolled your eyes at his humour and turned back to the taskforce.

"Right let's start moving stuff in shall we?" You said, clapping your hands together.

Heading back out to the cars to start collecting boxes of stuff, the taskforce went off to begin their move. You and L already having moved most your stuff in had some time to kill as they did this.

"You really are a master at interior design my love" L said, wrapping an arm around your waist.

"I grew up in a graveyard. Of course I know good design being surrounded by grand headstones my whole life" you replied, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"I particularly like the idea of adjustable lights, dim lighting is the best after all"

"I knew the taskforce would complain about the darkness so if they're so fussed by it they can simply adjust the lights in another room"

You took in the final product of your nights awake looking for furniture and consulting with the builders, who probably thought they were building something like a hotel rather than a taskforce headquarters. Apart from the desks and sofa under the winding stairs, the main room was rather big and empty not needing much in it to make it feel roomy.

"Darling how long has it been since we waltzed?" You said, a purr in your voice.

"... hm... hours" L replied.

Taking his hands, you spun him around you into a gentle pair dance across the empty floors. You hadn't had the room for this in those hotels, but the second you had access to the taskforce building it was practically all you did.

"I missed this" L smiled.

"So did I darling... so did I. Looks like we finally have at least a little space to ourselves now" you replied, a grin on your lips.

A/n:

I mentioned it before but yes this story was inspired by the Addams family. But I thought I'd share the exact image I saw that gave me the idea.

True couple goals

True couple goals.