❦Chapter 3❦

𒊹︎Faline's POV𒊹︎

I had no idea where Bezos was taking me. I had no idea where we were even. We had been riding for who knows how long, when he finally stopped. I was relieved that the pain in my back has lessened when I wasn't being bounced around.

I jumped down off of his back, feeling my way around. I was relieved when my fingers came in contact with the familiar bark of the tree that my home resides in. I quickly felt around, finally finding the rungs of the wooden ladder that (Y/n) had built.

I made my way into the house, not bothering to put my hands out in front of me was I walked around to my corner of the house. I plopped down onto my pallet, and the events of earlier replayed in my head, as they'd been doing the entire ride here.

Is (Y/n) okay? That was the main thought that swam freely in my head. That thing sounded vicious, she needs help! I shouldn't have let her send me away. I cant go back there and help her myself, and who would I turn to?

My brain soared like a whippoorwill as a though popped into my head. I could ask the King. Of course! He'd help for sure. He, after all, was the protector of the nine realms. I quickly stood up, and was at the doorway to leave, when I paused.

I quickly backtracked and felt around in my pallet for my murex shell. I found it when it stabbed me in the finger, and grasped it gently as I exited the treehouse, being extra careful on my way down.

I slipped the shell into the front pocket of my dress, and tried to jump on Bezos' back. It took me several tries. But I finally hung on and hoisted myself upright. (Y/n) always said that when we get enough money, we can get a saddle for him.

"To the castle of Asgard, Bezos!" I exclaimed and he took off, me holding on tightly.

I sure hope to the gods that he's taking me to the right place.

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

After my tears had subsided, Faline crossed my mind. I hope Bezos did his job.

I turned towards the limp hellhound next to me, and ripped my sword out of its neck, a sickening crack echoing through the deserted village. I shivered as I holstered my sword, and went to walk away, but stopped short.

I turned around to look at the dead hellhound, and approached it. I placed my hand gently on its face, the skin being warm, but not hot enough to burn me.

"You're beautiful. It's a shame that you tried to eat my sister." I snarled at the dead beast, and I moved my hands to open its limp jaw, revealing a full set of sharp teeth.

I pursed my lips as I got an idea. I took my sword from my back, and popped one of its large canines from its bottom jaw out. The tooth came out easily, and I shined it on my tattered tunic. This'll be cool to show Faline. I smirked as I inspected its other teeth. Just for good luck, I yanked another couple of smaller teeth out, and slipped them in my pocket as I made my way out of the village.

I walked slowly down the dirt roads, a slight limp as I held my middle. I definitely hadn't forgot that I was burned, and slammed into a wall. My back hurt like hell, and it pained me to breath. My palms were singed, along with the inside of my thighs and calves, when I rode on the beasts back. My injuries caused me to do a sort of cowboy walk, or a walk that resembled the waddle of a small child when it's diaper was full.