❦Chapter 7❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I woke up about an hour before sunrise, as I normally did, and made my bed up, picking my blankets off of the ground.

I made my way into the bathroom and fiddled my way around a toothbrush, brushed my hair, and then opened my armoire for something to wear.

My fingers ran across the endless supply of clothing, and I had to fight with myself to not immediately I for the pants and cotton shirts. I settled for a (f/c) crushed velvet dress with a wide 'U' neckline, with gold accents scattered about and flow my sleeves that made me feel like a princess(1).

Once I exited my room, I was surprised to find that none of the other maids were awake yet. I wanted to go see Faline, but I knew that she would not appreciate being woken up before dawn.

I, instead, made my way to the kitchen, pleased to see it deserted, save for a couple of cooks. I greeted them politely, and rummaged around for breakfast. I found a batch of stale rolls, and I grabbed a couple.

"Can I have these?" I held them up towards one of the cooks, who gave me a bewildered look.

"Those are a few days old. We can make a new batch today." He insisted, but I shook my head.

"These will be wonderful, thank you." I waved as I left the kitchen, making my way to the medical wing to wake Faline up anyway.

𒊹︎3rd Person POV𒊹︎

The chefs shared a strange look at the girl's retreating form.

"What a strange girl." One of them spoke up.

"Yes.....now get back to work." The head chef spoke, and he turned around to continue preparing breakfast for both the maids and the royal family.

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I glided my way down the hall, the rolls in my hands. I hadn't dared to take a bite yet, wanting to savor mine with Faline. Once I got into the medical wing of the palace, I was shocked once again to see Faline already awake.

She was sitting up, and a nurse was wiping her face with a wet cloth. Faline looked pale, and the nurse had a bucket beside her that reeked of vomit.

"Oh, Faline. What happened?" I turned towards the nurse.

"She was up vomiting in the middle of the night. She refused to sleep after, kept calling out for a '(Y/n)'." The nurse looked at Faline with sympathy.

"I shouldn't have made her eat all of her plate last night. She hasn't had that much food in her stomach in a while." I frowned as I sat beside Faline, her cuddling into my side instantly.

"I can take care of her. Thank you." I smiled at the nurse, and she handed me the rag. "I'm so sorry, Faline." I spoke sadly as I made her turn her head enough so that I could place the cool rag on her forehead.

She didn't reply verbally, and just snuggled further into me. Before I knew it, she was snoring softly. I smiled and stroked her hair, my own eyes drooping from my late night. I told myself that I would wake up once the sun was up, and dozed off with my head atop of Faline's.