❦Chapter 14❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I was leaning over to peer into the large fountain in the royal garden when I heard the soft clank of metal hitting metal approach me. Just as I suspected, Loki. I smiled softly in greeting, and he joined me by the fountain. All was quiet and peaceful for quite some time, until Loki spoke up from by my side.

"(Y/n), there's something I've been meaning to tell you." He spoke carefully, searching my features.

I nodded for him to continue.

"That day that we shared that kiss...I want you to know that I don't regret that, in fact, I want it to happen again. I haven't brought it up to you since I've been quite nervous, I will admit...but I care for you, deeply. So much so that there's an adoration for you in my heart,
(Y/n)." He stared intensely into my (e/c) eyes, and my lips parted in shock.

"I've fallen for you, (Y/n), and there's no denying it. If you feel the same way, you'll let me court you, and we can fall together." He grasped both of my hands in his, and my eyes widened in fear.

I've never been intimate with anyone, and I wasn't even completely sure that I knew what love was entirely. The only 'love' that I'd ever known was what I felt towards Faline, but this love and what I think I feel for Loki, is entirely different. I didn't even know how to express my feelings properly, what if one day he decided that he was tired of me? Or what if I didn't give him all of the affection that he deserves because I don't know how to act on them?

My breath quickened and Loki noticed my panic.

"Darling, you do not have to answer right at this-"

"I'm so sorry." I cut him off, and quickly fisted my dress in my hands, and sprinted off towards the closest door that I could see.

As soon as I slammed the door behind me, I heard thundering footsteps coming from behind the door. When I looked up, I was met by more than a dozen maids and cooks, all pausing their work to stare at me in awe.

"Hide me please." I sounded desperate as tears of anxiety welled up in my eyes.

Not a moment later, Carol had me by the arm, and was rushing me over to a door. She opened it quickly, revealing the pantry, and motioned for me to enter.

"(Y/n), who are you hiding from?" She seemed worried and amused as I quickly rushed into the space.

"You'll know him when you see him." I spoke quickly once I heard the door that I had just entered being flung open, and I shut the door to the pantry.

I listened carefully as I heard the maid's footsteps fade away from the pantry, and I heard Loki's panicked voice question many people wether or not they had seen me, all replying with a 'no' in some way, shape, or form.

I was relieved once I heard his heavy footfalls fade away from the kitchen. Soon, the blonde-haired woman had opened up the door, and motioned me out, telling me that the coast was clear.

"What did you do to him? I've never seen him that disheveled." Carol looked at me with raised brows, and a slightly concerned expression.

"I.....it's more of what I didn't do. Oh gods I need your advice! Please!" I practically begged her and she smirked at me.