❦Chapter 5❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I was up before breakfast was brought this morning, and I was too giddy to even touch it, the same as my untouched dinner plate directly next to it.

I jumped up, but regretted it immediately once I saw the Queen, and pain erupted from every bone that existed inside of my body.

"Good morning, (Y/n). Faline is still too weak to leave her bed, but I will take you to her." She spoke as a guard entered my cell and snapped on a pair of restraints. "Standard precaution, dear, I hope you'll understand."

I nodded softly at her as she led the way, the guard walking close behind me. We walked through numerous corridors, finally reaching the medical wing. Faline was one of the few there, and she had her shell clasped in her hands.

I stopped short of her bed, taking a moment to take in her appearance. Her hair looked like it had been tended to, her back was wrapped up, and she looked as though she'd had a bath. She was dressed in a white cotton gown, the cleanest attire I'd ever seen on her.

"Faline?" I spoke softly, ignoring the man that sat near her bed.

"(Y/N)!" She shouted as she turned her head toward my voice, moving to get up when the man beside her stopped her.

"You must not get out of bed, child. Let her come to you." I nodded to him in thank you. I didn't want her to injure herself further.

"Oh, Faline. Faline I'm so sorry." I broke down into tears as I grabbed her hand, my chains clinking together as I kneeled beside her bed, my head falling to her bedside.

"(Y/n), I understand why you did it." She tried to reason with me as her hand felt around for my head, gently stroking my tangled hair once she found it.

"If I would have just left you at the house, you wouldn't be hurt." I lifted my head up, my face bound to have red splotches all over it.

The Queen and the raven-haired man beside the bed gave us a little distance, along with the guard, but watched us intently.

"But I'm safe now. We're safe.....what happened back there anyway?" Tears we're rolling down her cheeks as well, and I took a deep breath.

I relayed the story to her, making sure to paint a picture directly to her, which attracted the attention of some of the staff, the royalty, and even some of the other patients.

"And you know how I can prove it?" I spoke to her, both of her hands clasped in mine.

"From the burns?" She raised a brow.

I chuckled and let go of her hands, to reach inside of my tunic and pull the large canine of the hellhound. The tooth was as big as my palm, and I handed it to her.

"What is it?" She felt the tooth, brows furrowed as she felt it's smoothness.

"It's the tooth of the hellhound. I pulled it out of its skull like the dentist does. Well, maybe just not as gruesome." I chuckled, and by now, the raven-haired man and the Queen had returned to Faline's bedside.

"You slayed a hellhound?" The raven haired man looked bewildered.

I nodded sheepishly as I looked up to where he stood. Faline waved the tooth in his direction, and he gently took it from her fingers, studying it.