❦Chapter 20❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

Once Nuri returned home, the small posey of ours returned back to the palace, our feet dragging along the cobblestone path that led to the palace.

Our stomachs rumbled as we smelled the fresh bread coming from the bakery, and we picked up the pace so that we could fill our bellies. It was well past breakfast and lunch both, but we were all starving as it was. I led the group to the back entrance that led into the kitchen, so that we could grab something to eat without being stopped by anyone with high status that would immediately turn us into the King and Queen.

We all said hello to the few maids and couple of chefs as we entered the kitchen. The warriors three plopped down right onto the floor, leaning their backs against the wall. Sif and Thor quickly followed suit, happy to be off of their feet. Loki and I shared a look, and laughed silently at how dramatic they were.

I was about to go rummaging around for food, when a hand grasped my shoulder.

"Please, M'lady, we can make you all something to eat." A masculine voice stopped me, and I turned around to see the head chef, Balder.

"We wouldn't want to be any trouble, sir." I spoke politely, but he dismissed me with a wave of his hand.

"Oh please, it's no trouble at all. My apprentice should be here soon to aid." He shooed me away, and I sat down next to Thor, my armored back coming into contact with the stone wall with a 'clunk'.

Loki joined me by my side and completed the string of worn out travelers sitting in the kitchen floor and looking very undignified. Between the seven of us, there were two princes, four warriors, and someone who could make friends with dragons, and I laughed aloud at the thought.

"What is it?" Loki questioned, a brow raised.

"Look at us. We've been attacked by a dragon, made friends with said dragon, and then saved the dragon from being killed, also may I mention that we figured out that I'm some sort of dragon whisperer. And we've only been gone for a day!" I laughed at the strangeness of it all, and chuckled were heard as the rest of the group realized it as well.

"We have had a very strange twenty four hours haven't we?" Loki commented from beside me, meeting my eyes with a satisfied look.

I had my mouth open to speak, when I saw the door to the kitchen open to reveal someone I'd been waiting to see, Faline. I kept quiet as she felt her way over to the head chef, her quickly falling into routine with whatever he was cooking.

I heard Faline mutter a few words under her breath, and not nice ones at that. That's when I decided to make my presence known.

"What a foul mouth you have, young lady." I smirked as she whipped around, and I knew that she knew it was me immediately.

"(Y/n)!" She exclaimed as she rushed over, tripping over Loki's extended feet.

I caught her quickly, and she stood up on wobbly legs as Loki apologized, half asleep.

"I missed you! I heard that there was a dragon in the palace." She whispered the last phrase, and my eyes widened, and I shared a look with the rest of the group.