❦Chapter 33❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

It took little to no convincing for the last remaining citizens of Asgard to help rebuild the city, and soon, frames were starting to go up over the palace ruins, the charred remains being swept away by giant tails of dragons from other realms. Currently, I was seated at a small wooden table, seated at a comfortable seat. The mystic dragon, who's name that I found out was Saphira, was next to me.

The princes were all pitching in, and they would stop by occasionally. I was currently drawing out a new border for the city. Many of the citizens and maids desired for a new palace to be built, but we simply did not have enough resources for that. I signed in frustration as I leaned on the table. I was nearing the end of my second trimester of my pregnancy now, and all of the added stress was not helping my increased level of hormones.

Saphira has also been helping me access my magic that had been hidden away. I could now cast spells that would take any great sorceress years to master. I was a quick leaner, and I had an endless supply of magic, that caused me to grab hold of things almost immediately. The one big spell that I was working towards was a way to add a few more islands to the dragon sanctuary. Saphira had me practice making rocks float in the air, and I could barley do that, which made me frustrated.

'' Maybe I can get in contact with Vanaheim to help build Asgard a new palace.' Saphira's voice echoes in my head.

'Stop getting into my mind.' I argued with her, my head coming to rest on the table.

'Well then stop thinking so loud.' She retaliated, and I chuckled.

Saphira was my partner. Second partner to be exact. She told me that she felt me the day that Drakon died. There have been extremely rare cases when a dragon partner of a Dragoness dies. But it's happened only once before, and when it did, a Mystic dragon was chosen to be the Dragoness' partner. It was the universe's way of saying 'don't fuck this up again.' Saphira was witty, and always kept me on my toes. I was glad she was my partner. She kept my spirits up when I'd lost all hope for the palace, and it's citizens, and I cherished her for that.

*****

As Saphira suggested, she in fact did get ahold of Vanaheim....along with the realms of Niflheim, Alpheim, Svartalheim, and even a few friendly giants from Jötunheim to aid with the building of the palace. I'll never forget that day that went up to the surface, and found thousands of beings of all shapes and sizes, just waiting for my orders.

Having said that, and exact replica was made of the palace, the blueprints having been saved from the rubble. The palace was finished come the middle of my third trimester, and I was now able to have full control over my magic. Today was the day that everyone had been waiting for, especially the dragons. All of the citizens snd leaders of neighboring realms gathered around, preparing for the monumental moment that was about to occur. Saphira was waiting in the distance, watching close enough to cheer me on, but not be in the way of the onlookers.

We were directly beside the Dragon Sanctuary, and several dragons had crowded up there to watch from below. I had no doubt that this was the place that I wanted the islands to come from, the small treehouse of my childhood being on the next hill over, that would have a perfect view of the islands, and the crater to be remembered.

I took a deep, steadying breath, and I felt Loki's hand on my shoulder.

"You can do this, my love. I believe in you." And that was all he had to say.