❦Chapter 25❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

Loki gracefully waltzed around the room, picking me out a dress, and dressing himself in his usual attire, before he came over to help me dress. He helped me slide on a pair of black plain underwear, and slipped the dress over my head, helping me stand so that the dress could settle properly. It was a black gown, with a silk shawl over it, snd very light and flowy fabric for the skirt of it(1).

He also went as far as slipping my favorite sandals onto my feet, to which I giggled at. He looked up at me with a raised brow, but continued to strap my sandals on.

"Yes, my love?" He spoke smoothly as he remained kneeled on the floor.

"Thank you. For everything. And I love you." My face reddened, and he reached up, his knuckles brushing my face softly.

"I love you too, princess. Now let's get to the dining hall before everything is served." He smiled, and held out an arm, which I took gratefully, since my legs were a little shaky.

We took our time walking to the dining hall, both of our faces adorning soft smiles. When we entered the dining room, food had not been served yet, but everyone was seated around the table. Just in time. I parted ways with Loki, as he grabbed my wrist just before I could get too far.

"Where are you going?" He looked concerned.

"I'm going to eat with the ladies-in-waiting." I motioned to where the girls were already gathered.

"Alright...." He nodded reluctantly and let me go, and I could feel his eyes watch me as I retreated into the smaller room.

I greeted all of the girls with the biggest smiles I've ever worn, and they all sent enthusiastic greetings back.

"How was it?" Natasha spoke up excitedly, but quietly from her place across from me.

"How was what?" I acted confused as food was served, my stomach rumbling.

"We know that look." Carol spoke from beside me, elbowing me softly, already filling up her plate.

"You have to tell us. Or you can just tell us now...." Wanda trailed off as she had Carol pass the potatoes.

I stared at each of the girls for a moment, building the suspense before I finally cracked.

"It was amazing!" I whisper-yelled, starting to put food on my plate as well.

"Details!" Natasha squealed as she cut her baked potato in half.

*****

"Look at you! My little girl is growing up so fast." Carol wiped away an imaginary tear, and all of us bursted into giggles, the Asgardian red wine that we all had definitely taking its toll on us.

"So now that you're a warrior, what are you going to do with your spare time?" Wanda asked curiously, smirking as she took a large bite of her pudding.

"Besides Loki." Natasha winked as she folded her hands in front of her.

"Let's be real here, he's all shes going to be doing!" Carol whisper-yelled, a hiccup closely following.