❦Chapter 31❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

After Clay and I were done speaking, he flew me down to the main island, where I relayed everything that Clay had just said to me, him helping me out when I left something out.

"But why would each realm sacrifice their prized dragons so quickly?" Thor asked once I was finished speaking.

"Clay said that the realm leaders convinced their dragons to go after Odin, which leads me to think that they were scared of being attacked themselves." I threw a thought out into the open, and got several nods of agreement.

Everyone sat in silence as we mulled over our thoughts.

'So all we'd have to do is convince the dragons to stay home?' Sunny questioned in my head.

"No, no that won't work. As soon as they are foot back in their realm they will be stepped on like roaches." I replied aloud, and everyone looked at me with confusion.

I started to pace again, biting the inside of my lip, a bad habit that I had picked up recently.

"What if we convinced them to stay here? Then the realms wouldn't live in fear, and the dragons would have somewhere to stay that would protect them." I declared, looking around for confirmation.

"That could work....but how would we get them all in one place, let alone follow us to a new home?" Loki questioned, his brows furrowed deeply.

"That's just it! I'm the Great Dragoness, I could send a call if some sort out to them, and they'd come running. Right, Clay?" I turned around to look at him, snd he nodded.

'A Dragoness is able to send messages telepathically to more than one dragon at a time. And the remaining dragons can help gather them up.' Clay reassured me, and I smiled giddily.

"Alright, so well gather up what's left of the dragons, and we can designate somewhere in Asgard for them to stay as a Sanctuary." I spoke quickly.

"Let's say hypothetically, this does work....what would we do about the palace? Asgard has become no man's land." Thor spoke with concern.

"Once we have the dragons' help, everything will fall into place. Trust me on this." I locked eyes with Thor and Loki.

"Sunny, Clay, get the remaining dragons on these islands down here, leave one or two to take care of the dragonets." I ordered them, and they shot up into the sky.

"And where do you plan to keep all of these dragons, oh Great Dragoness?" Loki teased, his arms crossed, coming to stand in front of me.

"We can keep them here. I'm sure these islands didn't just show up on their own, if I could figure out how to access all of this power that I have, I could put a few more up here. It would keep the dragons safe and secure." My plan was a bit shaky, but I figured that I could manage to do it.

"I'll help in any way I can, my love. We'll fix Asgard." He placed his hands on my bump. "For our child." He smiled, and I pecked his lips lovingly.

Soon, a handful of dragons were seated and ready on the main island. I looked around with a frown, there weren't nearly as many as there was a few year ago. Nevertheless, I held my head high, observing the dragons. There was one dragon in particular that caught my interest. A smaller, sea green and forest green dragon sat in the front, his head held up high snd his body rigid, trying to seem bigger. I smiled once I realized who he was.