❦Chapter 6❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

Frigga gave me the rest of the day off, considering that I still had many minor wounds. Frigga insisted that I have my measurements recorded by the tailor, so that I could have the proper clothes. I protested, saying that I'd only need a new pair of trousers and tunic at the most, but she refused, insisting that her lady-in-waiting dress sophisticatedly since she(I) will be working around royalty.

I spent the majority of my day with Faline. We talked about everything under the sun. I talked to her about the castle, the dungeons, and even some of the people inside of the castle.

"Tell me about the Queen." She had the tooth in her hands, but was eager to listen to what I had to say.

"Her hair is a shade in between blonde and light brown, which she styles half curled and pinned up, and half flowing freely down her back. It suits her well. She has blue eyes, much like Thor's, and she has wrinkles around her eyes when she smiles big." I shut my eyes as I focused on the image of the Queen.

"Does she do that a lot? Smile, I mean?" She spoke curiously, sitting up in her bed a little more.

"Yes, she smiles quite a lot actually. She smiles at you, at me, at Loki, and to everyone. She's very kind, and also very generous." I smiled wistfully as I thought about the Queen's kind smile.

"I bet she's beautiful. What was she wearing?" By now, Faline was practically bouncing on her bed to get details.

"Last I saw her, she was wearing a cyan blue gown, with gold accents near the neckline, hem, and sleeves. The dress was long sleeved, and she paired it with a necklace full of gold and sapphires. Her earrings were studs, though I didn't quite see what color they were...." I hummed in thought as I tried to remember.

"More sapphires, my dear." I jumped at the sound of the Queen's voice and quickly stood up to how to her, which she dismissed. "Faline, how are you feeling today?" The Queen sat on Faline's bedside and looked the girl over.

"I'm doing much better! I don't hurt as much today, and I could probably walk if I tried." Faline smiled giddily in the Queens direction, and the Queen smiled just as wide. Faline leaned over to me and whispered loudly enough for the Queen to hear in my ear. "Is she smiling now?"

The Queen and I shared a look, and I whispered back not-so-quietly to Faline.

"Yes, she is. She's smiling at you." A grin broke out of my face as I saw Faline point a finger to her own chest in awe.

"(Y/n), I have come to retrieve you for the tailor." She stood up elegantly from Faline's bedside and clasped her hands in front of her.

"Alright. Faline, I'll come visit you at supper time." I patted her shoulder and then I was off with the Queen.

*****

The Queen had the tailor take your measurements, and promised that my closet would be full of dresses by tomorrow. Until then, I was fitted with a maids' outfit of a yellow dress(1). The Queen described to me that most ladies-in-waiting wore the color preferred by the person they are tending to, but she said that I could wear any color I chose.

The Queen also insisted that I meet the rest of the maids of royalty, since I would be working so closely with them.