❦Chapter 8❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I looked around frantically for a weapon and spotted one on the Queen's horse.

"I'm sorry your majesty, I need to borrow this!" I shouted over the sound of thundering hooves and snarling hellhounds.

I ripped the Queen's sword from it's sheath, and yanked the reigns back on my horse, making it rear up, and I turned it towards the danger.

I pushed my way out of the barrier of guards, and ran head on towards the two hellhounds that had chosen us as their victims.

A mixture of yells could be heard as I ran towards one of the unsuspecting hellhounds. I reared my sword back, and sliced open its throat, coming out without a scratch. This only angered the second beast as it watched its partner fall limp to the ground.

By now, Thor was beside me on his noble steed, him trying to get a hit on the second canine. I tuned back long enough to make sure the rest of the royals were safe. I saw the other two men fight their way through the wall of protesting guards, and they drew their weapons. Loki showed up beside me, and he skillfully flicked a dagger into the creature's eye socket.

It roared out in pain, and Loki tried to get me away from the danger, riding in front of my horse to redirect it.

"DRAG ME AWAY AND I WILL HAUNT YOU WHEN I'M DEAD!" I yelled at him over the scene.

Thor was circling the creature, getting a few hits with his hammer on the beast's side, while the King was riding behind the beast, forcing it to move away from the Queen. I looked up just in time to see a giant paw with elongated claws come right at me. I bent down and gripped my horse tightly as it backed away to avoid being slaughtered. Loki was not so lucky, or should I say his horse was not.

The beast's giant paw knocked his horse right out from under him, and it squealed as it took off away from us. I acted fast and grabbed the back of Loki's armor, holding him up just long enough to put him out of harms way, and I set my horse to a gallop right beside the beast.

By now, all three of us were chasing the hellhound, it desperately trying to get away. My horse was a little faster, and we managed to match its speed. I took a gamble and rode so close that I could feel the heat of its skin. I struggled to keep the horse below me right beside the beast, it struggling to get away from the horrid creature.

Once I deemed myself close enough, I thrust my sword behind the shoulder of the beast, it's legs giving out from under it, and its body went skidding along the countryside. We all caught our breath as we stared at the dead hellhound before us.

I dismounted my horse and handed the reigns to one of the guards that had came over, and I went to go retrieve the Queen's sword. I approached the canine and ripped the sword out of its side, it being dead as a doorknob. I scowled at it as I turned and headed back to the group.

I took my horse back, and walked over to where the group was gathered. The Queen was checking Thor and the King for injuries when Loki approached.

"What were you thinking?!" He shouted at me and I winced at the tone of his voice, to which he drew back some. "Are you hurt? You must be shaken up." He grabbed me and forced me to sit on the ground as he checked me over, all the while, my face resembled Thor's cape.