❦Chapter 21❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I rushed into my room, throwing my armor in the corner, snd stripping out of my under clothes. I didn't have time for a bath, so I scrubbed myself down with a soapy rag as best and as quick as I could, stumbling over to the closet to pick out an outfit. My fingers brushed a soft silk, and I pulled it out immediately(1). It was (f/c), and that's all I noticed about it before I was pulling it over my head, strapping on a pair of sandals, and rushing out the door.

I exited through the back door of the kitchen, snatching an apple on the way out. I took large and very ungrateful bites as I sped over to the gates, where the Queen was already waiting. I took the last bite of my apple, wiping the juice off of my overly stuffed mouth with the back of my hand.

"Sorry I'm late, Frigga. I really didn't mean to sleep in." I spoke hurriedly once I swallowed my food.

"It's quite alright. I hope my son was good company?" She spoke expectantly as she climbed upon her horse.

My face turned beet red as I got up onto Hilda's back. How did she know about Loki and I?

"Once again, dear, raised by witches. And I've never seen him this elated since he pushed Thor into the water trough when they were young." She chuckled as she pressed her heels into her horse's sides, leaving the palace gates at a walk.

"Well, y-yes he's good company.....oh who am I kidding! He's perfect!" I gave up the act and swooned over him.

Frigga had a joyous smile on her face as I continued to ramble on about how perfect her son was, and how much I loved him, and how much we cared for each other.

"Well, if it makes any difference, you have my blessing." She smirked as I sputtered beside her.

"We're not there yet Frigga!" I laughed and she shrugged, still smiling.

"Yet, my dear, yet." She emphasized with a pointed finger in my direction.

*****

We rode on horseback for quite some time out in the open countryside, and then we entered a forest with the largest trees I'd ever seen. There was a small path through the forest, not big enough for Frigga and I to ride side by side, so she took the lead, after all, I had no idea where we were going.

I noticed that the longer we walked on the trail, the thicker the trees got, and the more they blocked out the suns warm rays. Once the forest was almost completed dark, I felt a jolt pass through me, something foreign, yet so familiar. Where do I know that feeling from? I wondered as I dug around in my brain for answers. Then it hit me. When I was kept in the dungeons, I passed through the magical barrier of the cell, and the feeling was all the same as what just happened.

"Frigga, what kind of sorcery is around this place?" I questioned her warily as I kept Hilda as close to her as possible.

"Just a simple spell of disguise, my dear." She waved me off, and soon, we were at what looked to be a metal garden gate.

Frigga hopped off of her horse, and I followed suit. She informed me that we would leave the horses here, and I tied Hilda to a tree sapling. I made my way over to where Frigga was, to eye the gate. It wasn't anything special, just a gate that you'd put in your garden to keep other animals out of it. In fact, it looked to be abandoned. It was standing alone, covered in ivy and thorns, but still on its hinges, which also stood alone in the dark forest.