❦Chapter 12❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I was sitting in with Frigga as the tailor bustled around her, sticking pins in the fabric, and readjusting certain pieces. I had a cup of tea in my grasp, giving my input whenever the tailor asked Frigga a question that she didn't know the answer to.

Why was the Queen having a new dress made, you ask? It was for a royal ball to celebrate the elimination of the hellhounds, the realm of Asgard and its citizens now safe once again.

I had my fears about what would happen when the hellhounds were gone and everyone could go back to their homes. I thought that the King and Queen would make us go back to our old sorry excuse for a house. However, my fears diminished to nothing once Frigga informed me that she wanted me to work as her lady-in-waiting full time. I was thrilled upon hearing this, and agreed, on the condition that Faline stayed also. Frigga readily agreed, seeing a great mount of potential in the young chef.

I sipped my tea as the Queen stood perfectly still, chatting away with the tailor. Once Frigga's dress was ready to be sewn, every pin in perfect placement, Frigga reached for me. I let her pull me in front of the mirror on the raised platform.

"Frigga, what is this nonsense?" I chuckled with a shocked expression, the tailor buzzing around me.

"You're getting fitted for the ball, my dear. You will be attending." She smiled kindly, and took a seat where I'd been sitting.

I opened and closed my mouth, as a fish would do.

"But....but I don't even know what kind of dress I'll be wearing!" I voiced, exasperated.

"Oh don't worry, dear. Your secret admirer already has a design picked out for you." She smirked deviously, which she hid within her teacup. I opened my mouth to argue, to which she shut down quickly. "He insists that you come as his partner."

My cheeks flushed red as I thought about Loki saying those words. The tailor was quick to pin up different fabrics, glancing at a piece of paper that he kept hidden.

"Will Faline be invited as well?" I spoke carefully, trying not to sound too offended if she wasn't.

"My son, Thor is actually taking her as his plus one." She spoke with a small smile.

My face lightened at the thought of the hulking man dancing with the little girl. Thor and Faline hit it off almost immediately, since Faline likes to cook, and Thor loves to eat.

"Does she have a dress for the occasion?" I glanced at the tailor, motioning for him to answer.

"Yes, m'lady, she was fitted a couple of days ago." He spoke calmly as he snipped some fabric around my shoulders to fall properly.

I remained silent as I mulled over his words. Faline knew that I was invited to the ball and didn't tell me. I'd definitely have to talk to her about this tonight. I'd also have to talk to my not so secret admirer about my hand-designed dress.

I couldn't tell much about the dress, all I knew was that it was a deep shade of green.

*****

I searched for Faline everywhere. Not in the gardens, not in the kitchen, not in the room, not anywhere to be seen. I asked everyone I passed if they had seen her, and came up empty every time. I finally gave up looking and went to go ask someone that would actually know where she was.